1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoes

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by Burgundy, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Godfather

Godfather Veteran

lookin good!

Mrchick likes this.
  2. Cat_man_do

Cat_man_do Active Member

Have you the name of said shop? I could do with a pair of Church's but I'm loath to pay Regent St prices.

3. Godfather

Godfather Veteran

Gordon Scott. Wait for sales!!

Cat_man_do likes this.
  4. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Well-Known Member

For dress I have 2 pairs of black Church Diplomats and one pair of black Bally. For smart casual I have 1pair of tan Chiurch brogues and 1 pair of burgundy Church brogues. For real casual I have a pair of black cherry Lucchese ropers, a pair of brown Seibel chuka boots and a pair of tan Eccos. When I'm wearing shorts I mostly have on a pair of Keen Newport H2O sandals, but sometimes a pair of Sperry Top Siders.

Northam Saint likes this.
  5. Northam Saint

Northam Saint Über Member

Sperry Top Sliders, very comfy, love mine.

6. Burgundy

Burgundy Über Member

I spent the day in and around Savile Row, Jermyn St etc. getting suited and booted for my upcoming (impending?) wedding.

Naturally, shoes were far more interesting than the suit itself - although once it's been finished that'll be lovely. I spent a fair while in Cheaney before eventually deciding on a lovely pair from Crockett & Jones: http://m.crockettandjones.com//product/belgrave-chestnut

Now - any suggestions for shirts and ties?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Redd, Sid James and Northam Saint like this.
  7. For your wedding shirt try No 1 Jermyn St., Gieves & Hawkes - the quality is superb and a great range of different fits. The extra cost is really worthwhile.

Redd and Cat_man_do like this.
  8. Burgundy

Burgundy Über Member

Cheers for the recommendation! My work shirts are all TM Lewin/Charles Tyrwhitt but will be looking for something special (but no need to be bespoke)!

9. barberbob

barberbob Regular Member

Burgundy likes this.
  10. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Just make sure you buy a shirt with the right collar for the tie/knot you're going to be wearing. Also, think about armbands to keep your shirt cuff to suit sleeve levels in check.