Shaving Gear

TigasMagano

Hello!

My name is Tiago and I am from Lisbon, Portugal. I recently discovered the world of wet shave, and I am still collecting the essential stuff.

My gear until now:

King C. Gillette Safety Razor
Astra Superior Platinum DE Blades
BIC Chrome Platinum DE Blades
Proraso Boar brush
Taylor of Old Bod Street Shaving Cream
Proraso Shaving Cream
Proraso Pre-Shave Cream
Proraso After Shave balm

Any tips or products suggestions are welcome!

Vacumatic

Testy
Hello and welcome

I think that you have already done very well in building the essentials, better than some of us who have been wet shaving for years!

It is all a personal choice, for example I never enjoyed a boar brush, other people love them. If the new Gillette razor works for you then enjoy it, a favourite of mine is a 50 year old Gillette Tech which I find better for me than more modern razors.

It is easy to rush out and buy many things, my advice would be to take your time.

semajohn

Forum GOD!
Hello!

My name is Tiago and I am from Lisbon, Portugal. I recently discovered the world of wet shave, and I am still collecting the essential stuff.

My gear until now:

King C. Gillette Safety Razor
Astra Superior Platinum DE Blades
BIC Chrome Platinum DE Blades
Proraso Boar brush
Taylor of Old Bod Street Shaving Cream
Proraso Shaving Cream
Proraso Pre-Shave Cream
Proraso After Shave balm

Any tips or products suggestions are welcome!
Hi

Highly recommend getting a shorter handle for your King C Gillette.
I use a RazoRock UFO handle on mine. More grip, shorter and better balanced.

You've got yourself a nice starter kit. Just try not to fall down the rabbit hole as things can get very expensive, very quickly 🤣

BST pages are a good place to keep costs down whilst you explore this hobby.

Last edited:

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Stick to your equipment. Having tried every component piece of your setup over my time shaving - I can safely say every bit of it will function with the correct technique.
Improve your technique over a period of months before thinking you can quick-fix any problems you run into with another purchase.

R181

Grumpy old man
Stick to your equipment. Having tried every component piece of your setup over my time shaving - I can safely say every bit of it will function with the correct technique.
Improve your technique over a period of months before thinking you can quick-fix any problems you run into with another purchase.
Yes, work on improving your shaving and lathering techniques. Once you are getting consistently good shaves, then introduce one change to see if you got any improvement out of doing so. Should you make multiple changes at the same time you can never be sure which change made a beneficial difference to your shave. Most importantly, just enjoy the shave and don't get frustrated.

Bob