Shavemac VLB 2018 LE

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Unfortunately Gents this project has been stopped, Bernd is unable to create a stopping mechanism so it's not possible to complete the brush.
The effort that has gone in to this is REALLY appreciated, especially as a Shavemac fan, but my confidence that this would 'get there' waned quite early doors and I had already made up my mind that I would not be in for one even IF it got off the ground. Sounds harsh? Not meant to be but this is a classic case of the more moving parts involved then the more likelihood of trouble. Nice try though all the same.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
The effort that has gone in to this is REALLY appreciated, especially as a Shavemac fan, but my confidence that this would 'get there' waned quite early doors and I had already made up my mind that I would not be in for one even IF it got off the ground. Sounds harsh? Not meant to be but this is a classic case of the more moving parts involved then the more likelihood of trouble. Nice try though all the same.
I must admit it didn't really appeal to me either I suspect that, like an adjustable razor, I'd find one setting I liked and stick with it.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I must admit it didn't really appeal to me either I suspect that, like an adjustable razor, I'd find one setting I liked and stick with it.
Now that is where I DO slightly disagree in that I do tend to use different settings on my adjustables for different passes, albeit within a tight range. I think with a brush like this I would dial it hard to pick up the soap etc then go down a notch for application, but hey ho, we shall never know. Not for a while at least.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
That’s unfortunate Nishy; you and Bernd put a lot of effort and heart into getting this brush done. I like the idea of the adjustable loft and would use it; right now I have 30 brushes in my rotation all of which have different size combinations of diameter and loft and this brush would have fit in. The only draw back for me would have been the grade of the badger as I mostly prefer shavemac’s 3-band or finest or similar from other makers. BTW, what happened to the adjustable loft brush shavemac offered several years ago which was a collaboration of Bernd and Chris Moss?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
That’s unfortunate Nishy; you and Bernd put a lot of effort and heart into getting this brush done. I like the idea of the adjustable loft and would use it; right now I have 30 brushes in my rotation all of which have different size combinations of diameter and loft and this brush would have fit in. The only draw back for me would have been the grade of the badger as I mostly prefer shavemac’s 3-band or finest or similar from other makers. BTW, what happened to the adjustable loft brush shavemac offered several years ago which was a collaboration of Bernd and Chris Moss?
We were trying to produce a slightly different design with the bottom turning part (as per first adjustable) being incorporated into the main body. This was for aesthetic, ergonomic and prevention of unwanted loft movement. Unfortunately it didn't work out as wanted though.