Shavemac classification

CastleShave

Legendary Member
I think out of all Artisans I had the best expierence with Shavemac. No issues, quality is exceptional, service is kind and accommodating and over all an excellent artisan! I purchased a Shavemac D01 28mm bulb in a custom handle with 54 mm loft. This brush came exactly as described with a black and violet resin. The brush came with overwhelming amount of back bone, which is exactly what I wanted. After about 20-30 shaves with this brush it then became very plush and developed gel-tips where it also splays out more now and has the ability to paint. I’m debating on getting another one but with another artisans handle. This brush is phenomenal in my opinion and I have a hard time not using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Every time I look in on this thread, I find myself drooling over the Green 400 Fan style brush :hyper:.
I know they are all beautiful but the 400 for me, is just magnificent. So much so, I just contacted Bernd to see if I could get my own.:thumbsup:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Every time I look in on this thread, I find myself drooling over the Green 400 Fan style brush :hyper:.
I know they are all beautiful but the 400 for me, is just magnificent. So much so, I just contacted Bernd to see if I could get my own.:thumbsup:
Jungle moss resin beautiful brush if memory serves me right I sold it to a friend here

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Jungle moss resin beautiful brush if memory serves me right I sold it to a friend here
Same style but in Nuclear Grape - green and purple. I'm a huge fan (excuse the pun) of DC comic characters, especially The Joker "If you gotta go, go with a smile"

Tenergy

Forum GOD!
Hi everybody )))
Two months ago I decided to organize first russian ( yes , me from Saint-Petersburg , Russia ) Shavemac LE on one russian wetshaving forum - like Nishy :wink:. In the base I took ATG LE 2017 and with Bernd changed insert colors .
Now I have beautiful 01/35 shaving brush with Unique knot 27/54 mm from Shavemac and great thanks for ATG and Nishy forum organize experience for me .

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hi everybody )))
Two months ago I decided to organize first russian ( yes , me from Saint-Petersburg , Russia ) Shavemac LE on one russian wetshaving forum - like Nishy :wink:. In the base I took ATG LE 2017 and with Bernd changed insert colors .
Now I have beautiful 01/35 shaving brush with Unique knot 27/54 mm from Shavemac and great thanks for ATG and Nishy forum organize experience for me .

Excellent congratulations they look lovely.

mrdinky

Ех ungue leonem
I hasten to brag. Thanks to Valery aka Tenergy, who became the organizer of the limited edition Shavemac in Russia and Nishy, as well as to this forum, he won an excellent shaving brush.
Just great job wizard. Many thanks to the organizers.

Last edited:

Snuff

Forum GOD!
Just received but I'm confused :confused:I believe this is not what was ordered or am I wrong? Both look like 3bands to me:meh:

Shavemac Male Ebonite 2 Band Unique Silvertip Badger 26mm x 54 mm ordered, this is what I received (measurements are correct)

A - 2.jpg

Shavemac LeeVanErick Ebonite 2band - D01 Silvertip Badger 24mm x 50 mm (measurements 26mm x 46 mm, big difference what with it being D01 and a flattop, way to stiff!)

A - 1 (2).jpg

R181

Grumpy old man
Just received but I'm confused :confused:I believe this is not what was ordered or am I wrong? Both look like 3bands to me:meh:

Shavemac Male Ebonite 2 Band Unique Silvertip Badger 26mm x 54 mm ordered, this is what I received (measurements are correct)

View attachment 52102

Shavemac LeeVanErick Ebonite 2band - D01 Silvertip Badger 24mm x 50 mm (measurements 26mm x 46 mm, big difference what with it being D01 and a flattop, way to stiff!)

View attachment 52103
I'd contact Shavemac about that. No expert but to me it looks like you may be right.

Bob

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member

View attachment 52102

View attachment 52103
Personally I would be very disappointed with both those knots. Far too many inverted hairs (but this is looking at a side view) and most certainly not a 2 band. Technically speaking as you already know a 2 band is a 3 band shortened, but 3 bands are definitely visible in each case. The D01 at 50mm may still be quite stiff 24mm is more forgiving. At a guess it's hard to.confirm that those are unique hairs too. The unique hairs (not a change of density) have a longer white tipped portion as do the older Rooney hairs. So a bulb shape IMO makes more sense.

Last edited:
Weirdly, my first ever Shavemac (a 24mm bulb ) was ordered as a three band finest and I ended up with a 2 band silvertip..that's the only time Bernd ever got it wrong but I never complained as I got a better knot:happy: