1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shavemac ATG group buy 2016 Brushes landing

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Nishy, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Rev. Jim

Rev. Jim Well-Known Member

The two unique knots I received were very similar in terms of density shape and overall feel, to the point where I would say no difference between them.

Rowlers and p.b like this.
  2. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

No difference in density IMO but big differences in face feel and backbone from my experience.

3. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

@Nishy I was asking about knots from the same group buy, this last one specifically. Is your answer in reference to this last group buy?

Nishy likes this.
  4. Nishy

Ah apologies, I don't find a distinct difference in density. I do find a big difference in face feel. Just purely on a high level of critique, the fan could have more backbone or be set lower.
    [​IMG]
    From the earlier group buy and current, two unique bulb knots:
    [​IMG]
    The earlier being blue as above. I much prefer my Shavemac bulbs except for a couple of fans. The newest bulb being set low, provides a bigger difference than I thought. The M7 (older GB) sucks the face is silky soft and yet provides superb backbone to let you know exactly what the tips feel like. Literally my ideal brush. Very reminiscent of my early Paladin, but with the presence of a more 'soft suspension' backbone.

The newest unique bulb has all the above plus a fistful more backbone. This slightly compromises the sucking feel and the tips are more apparent. Not is a bad way but for those who prefer more scrub. Again this it heightened crtitque this brush is still in my top 4. You can feel the difference even when painting, it is at this stage that the shorter loft shines.

Sorry bit of blabbering.

DudeAbides and Looney12345 like this.
  5. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

The reason I ask is because my impression is that the 26/52 unique fan knot in my ATG group-buy PK brush is notably denser than the 26/52 unique fan knot in the individual purchase 400 handle I made a couple of weeks ago. The hair appears to be identical but not the density despite asking for, and paying for, a unique knot.

6. Nishy

Thats not good, definitely double check with Bernd, his customer service is usually very good so he should be able to help. Let me know either way I may be able to help.

p.b likes this.
  7. Quique

Quique Forum GOD!

15 shaves and about 20 hand palm lather

The Shavemac Standard Silvertip 2B ATG Fan 26x50 has definitely broken.

All the scritch is gone and the tips are now as soft as my previous shavemac with gel tips but it has more backbone

In today's shave I have fully enjoyed face lathering

If I had to choose between the Silvertip 2B of 2015 with gel tips and this hair, I would not know which to stay with

Fortunately I do not have to choose and I can fully enjoy both

In the first uses I was a bit confused with the brush, but now I am very very happy and very very satisfied with it

Again thank you very much to @Nishy and Bernd for getting us this brush

20170108_224936-01.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  8. Marcos

Marcos Well-Known Member

@Quique beautiful brush! What color resin handle is that?

Nishy and Quique like this.
  9. Quique

Quique Forum GOD!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Nishy likes this.