1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shavemac ATG group buy 2016 Brushes landing

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Nishy, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Active Member

I've posted a rather unrefined picture of the brush over on The Shave Nook in the "Let's see your shavemac collection" thread; my username there is Rufus.

Quique likes this.
  2. Quique

Quique Über Member

With your permission

5W61Weh.jpg

3. halvor

halvor Royal Member

Not sure if I understand you correctly here, but if you mean photos stored on and taken with an iPad, it's easy as chips: Click the middle button just below the editor field, "upload file". On my iPhone I am then asked to choose file (click) and again asked if I want to take a photo now, use an existing one, or upload file from other sources (including Google drive, Dropbox).

DudeAbides, Quique and Dogsmro like this.
  4. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Active Member

Quique likes this.
  5. DudeAbides

DudeAbides Senior Member

It's a shame it's not working out for you. It's a beautiful brush. Though I can see why you would prefer the Falstaff shape. If I had to choose between the two handles, I'd pick Falstaff no question. I have big clunky hands and I reall enjoy my Chubby style handle with a fan knot. I am really amazed every time I use it with the beautiful lather it creates. I guess now as far as the group buy goes, there was only two of us with the chubby style, I'm a man out on my own island :) cheers!

JamieM likes this.
  6. Quique

Quique Über Member

:okay:

7. Nishy

Nishy Veteran Staff Member

Loving my standard 2 band this evening:
    IMG_3604.jpg

8. Rev. Jim

Rev. Jim Active Member

Nishy - great color and shimmer! Very nice!

Nishy likes this.
  9. Dj-Steved

Dj-Steved Senior Member

So have we seen photos of everybody's brushes now?

10. Nishy

Still waiting to see the purple handled brush, which looked fantastic in the front photos. It could be Gordy's brush.

11. halvor

halvor Royal Member

Would seem so, wouldn't it?

Nishy likes this.
  12. neko

neko Active Member

Here's mine. The nicest knot in my collection by a mile, thanks Nishy!

I just had my first shave with the 400 today with Trumper's GFT cream. The colours of the handle come out beautifully under light with flecks of granite and dark purple offset against the black, the handle is unbelievably ergonomic for bowl lathering and the knot is sublime with soft tips and perfect backbone.

Can hardly wait for the next group buy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Rev. Jim, DudeAbides, lloydrm and 8 others like this.
  13. Quique

Quique Über Member

6 Shaves and 10 hand palm lather

Brush is beginning to break.

More scritch is missing but there is some still noticeable

If you see the second photo, you may see enough black hairs in the knot, may be they get soft or may be I need remove them, but I'm going to wait some uses more

In first or second wash it lost two hairs, then anymore lost

A very good backbone but also has a very good flow. It has a nice scrub feeling

You can make a lot of lather with it

Standard Silvertip 2B Fan 26 x 50 and Wickham 1912 Cashmere

20161028_134659-01.jpeg

20161028_135023-01.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    neko, DudeAbides, lloydrm and 5 others like this.
  14. Nishy

That knot is perfection!

DudeAbides likes this.
  15. Nishy

Can definitely see some black hairs in that knot Quique. I thought I preferred the last unique with gel tips, I then went back to it last night and I wasn't sure. It is really difficult when you like both the latest unique for its scrub and the previous for its lush gel tips. I think for the next group buy we could try and offer both options.
    The flat extreme is also a knot I advise everyone to try, make sure it is without scratch or scritch. Superb on the face with a well controlled splay.

I was contemplating doing a Christmas Snowman brush (pearl coloration only) but I think these current brushes still have a lot more to give. The unique type are very stubborn when it comes to fully blooming. Which personally I like.

Finally as some may know Bernd had a little accident. He is now fully recovered so if you are reading this Bernd, wish you well and the fact that you were continuing making brushes one armed is a testament to your success.