Completed Seygus brass open comb razor - Finished

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
I'm on holiday from Saturday until next Sunday so probably not! That will probably fit nicely with me receiving the Asylum when I get back as well... hold onto it for a couple of weeks and use when you can unless anyone has any problems with that?

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I'm on holiday from Saturday until next Sunday so probably not! That will probably fit nicely with me receiving the Asylum when I get back as well... hold onto it for a couple of weeks and use when you can unless anyone has any problems with that?
I do. Next on the list is now @MaincDee
  • sɐǝɹpu∀
  • Dogsmro
  • Rowlers
  • wazza
  • ben139
  • ManicDee
  • p.b
  • Looney12345
The list is open.

Legend: Currently with, On the way to, Waiting, Completed

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Didn't even know ManicDee was on the list! He hasn't posted in here, sounds good to me either way, I'm certainly in no rush :)

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
It's not stainless steel. :rolleyes:
I don't know why anyone would sideline this for the asylum, if your pockets are deep enough you can buy an asylum you cannot buy the Seygus, it is truly unique, a one of a kind, a shaving experience money cannot buy. Oh and by the way it's a brilliant razor. Just had a thought, maybe no one wants to suffer the wrath of Andreas if they scratch it :)

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The Seygus is now with @ManicDee
  • sɐǝɹpu∀
  • Dogsmro
  • Rowlers
  • wazza
  • ben139
  • ManicDee
  • p.b
  • Looney12345
The list is open.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Gentlemen,
This may come as a shock to you all but until today I had never used an Open comb razor. To say I was nervous would be an understatement after what I have heard about OC razors. Included with this razor where various blades and some soap samples, One of which I had never tried "RazoRock XXX".
Visual the Seygus Brass Razor is an Absolute Cracker.
My EJ89 weights 76g but this is 107g.
The Handle is a big chunky and provides a secure and comfortable grip even in wet hands.
Although it is not my cup of tea it is very good all the same.
On the Seygus site there are other handles such as the spiral but how much grip it has is unknown.
Let's get on with the shave,

I used a Gillette Nacet blade, RazoRock XXX shaving soap and Alum bar.
My old SLBB "Sh***y Little Bager Brush" and the most Beautiful Seygus Brass OC.
And 3 days growth.

I normally shave with an EJ89 and need 3 passes + a little touching up.
First pass: WTG It cuts so effortlessly and is as Mild as my EJ89 but So much Better!!!!
I cannot believe how good the first pass was.
Second Pass : Is across the grain but rising upwards slightly.
I can feel the teeth but not the blade. It works so well, I love it.
Third Pass : There is No pass needed. No bloody hair left.

This Seygus Brass razor is Phenomenal,
It cuts effortlessly, It weight is just right, It has great grip & Looks Stunning.
The Only Fault I can find with it is,
That It has reduced my shaving time by half :happy:
Absolutely love this razor, better start writing my letter to Santa.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Gentlemen,
Finally grew enough hair for a second outing of the Seygus Brass open comb.
I chose a different combination of blades and soap, decided to go with a Voskod and T&H 1805 cream.
My first pass WTG simply a joy, the razor glides with ease and removes 70-80% of my stubble.
My second pass ATG floats across my face with No cuts or nicks and the job is done.
Followed by a simple dab of alum.
This razor is so efficient at it's task and yet So Mild.
Thalasos, She is a thing of beauty in shape and form.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The Seygus OC marvel is now on its way to @p.b. Thanks, @ManicDee

• sɐǝɹpu∀
  • Dogsmro
  • Rowlers
  • wazza
  • ben139
  • ManicDee
  • p.b
  • Looney12345
The list is open.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Razor has arrived. Looks very nice. On the heavy side for me but the balance is nice with a titanium handle so that's always an option.
@Thalasos @Andreas Am I allowed to polish it to restore it to it's former glory? It's developed a fair amount of patina.