1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schick proline blades.....

Discussion in 'Single Edge Blades' started by Mr Bigmem, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

OK so on looking for blades for my newly acquired Hawk, I came across these. Schick Pro line.. They are meant to be only available in japan where they are marketed to professional barbers.
    They state they are to fit all feather artist club razor's...so i'm guessing the hawk, cobra and mongoose etc.

The other thing I found interesting is that are quoting them to be smoother and much more forgiving than feather pro blades.

[​IMG]
    Any one have any input on these?​

2. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

No, but I think you should take one for the team..:D

Acer89 likes this.
  3. Rowlers

4. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

I ordered a pack. I'm up for a challenge.

slapo, Dogsmro, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  5. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

Thanks for itching my curiosity :D i'm eager to get your full feedback. As I'm very new to the feather artist SE blade world i'm a lil tentative. Not that they'll be bad but just they might not be for me. i'd give it a punt if I had real world knowledge of this style of blade. Ordering a sample pack off shavedash and then when I have my base line will look at these.

Billyfergie likes this.
  6. bakerbarber

bakerbarber Über Member

Oh boy.

Variety is the spice of life after all.

7. Mr_Smartepants

Got these yesterday afternoon. On tap for today's shave... I've got one loaded in the Asylum Rx razor.
    [​IMG]

Acer89, Mr Bigmem and sɐǝɹpu∀ like this.
  8. Mr_Smartepants

Holy crap these blades are smoooooth! And sharp too. I got a near-BBS after just two passes. Finished with a third pass and was rewarded with a full BBS (and a few weepers for my troubles).
    We'll have to see how long they last though.

slapo, Blackmass, Mr Bigmem and 2 others like this.
  9. Rowlers

10. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

On par or above the AC supers?

11. Mr_Smartepants

Better (I think). But I've only had one shave with them so far. Early days...

slapo, Mr Bigmem and Rowlers like this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Veteran

IMG_20161127_083148-01-02.jpeg

Only one shave each but I'll second the smooth and sharp .

Source Information

13. Rowlers

First run out with these tonight in The General. Superb blade, as sharp as Feather but much smoother...

slapo, Bizzyberry and Mr Bigmem like this.
  14. UKRob

UKRob Legendary Member

I only came across a reference to these blades last week but immediately ordered them. The first shave today was very nice - I didn't bother 'corking' the blade as I do with Feathers and it doesn't seem to need it. Between them I will be using Kai and Schick in future and will not replace whatever Feather blades I have.

Incidentally, we could do with a general description for the longer SE blades such as Feather, Kai, Kamisori and now Schick. Maybe in homage to their size we should name them 50mils. Anyone got a better suggestion?

15. MPF9

MPF9 Forum GOD!

In Addition to the Schick Proline P-20, which is a 50mm blade, I recently came across reference to
    Schick Pro Line B-20, which is 38mm x 8mm, maybe OK For Vintage Injectors And Supply SE.

Has any body come across them, and have a source at a reasonable price.

PS It is possible that UK Seller of P-20, can get them. I have been in touch and asked him to
    check prices/availability out. By the way ,the P-20 is tres bon.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    pj3r and Rowlers like this.