Rugby Union

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Anyone into Rugby Union?
Pro 12 - European Champions cup or Six nations?
I'm a huge Leinster fan, enjoyed the game against Northampton Saints in the European Champions cup.
My Nephew bought me tickets for the return game (17th Dec) in the Aviva Stadium Dublin.
Hopefully we'll do the double on them.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Yeah long time Rugby fan since the early 1970s, long time Cardiff RFC fan and now Cardiff Blues, great win for Leinster and the rest of the Pro 12 teams handed out some good hidings the the English teams today.

Munster 38 0 Leicester
Northampton 10 37 Leinster
Cardiff Blues 28 3 Bath

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I played rugby (Union) all through secondary school (1961-1966) and first year university. I haven't played since, but I still do follow it and love the game like no other.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Looks like Munster are on the rise again & what the hell is wrong with Northampton Saints Dylan Hartley??
I have heard several punters recommend his career in rugby should be over because of so many bans.
What's your views???

JamieM

Dombrandt should start at 8 over Curry - who should be playing flanker. Especially if Smith’s starting.
I think that's a taken, he's the form 8 in the English premiership, can't see how Eddie jones will pick Curry over Dombrandt.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I think that's a taken, he's the form 8 in the English premiership, can't see how Eddie jones will pick Curry over Dombrandt.
Well he’s ignored Simmonds for the last couple of years? (Although I think there is an argument that Dombrandt is better suited to Test level). I think there is a perception that he lacks pace and he isn’t the jackal at the breakdown that Eddie might want from his 8. I just hope that, from a rugby purist’s, Dombrandt gets the nod. Especially if Smith is being allowed to run the game in Farrell’s absence.

JamieM

The biggest problem England have is if they decide to play with Farrell at 10 or Smith, If they go the Smith way then they are going to have to change their style of play completely, which in my opinion is the way to go, I have watched Harlequins a few times this season, they play a very similar way to my team, Cardiff, it's all about the attack if they go with Farrell then England will try to dominate and win games by using their forward power and kick their penalties, works well against some teams as we saw in the world cup against New Zealand, on the other hand, it failed miserably against South Africa in the final, it won't work against Ireland or France, so Eddie Jones has some big calls to make.