Rockwell 6S

kenloupa

I am thoroughly enjoying my Rockwell 6S. Great smooth, close shaves on setting 4 for all 3 passes on my heavy beard. Great BBS results. Good results with Gillette 7 O'clock Black blades and Sharks so far.

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Blades that I have found good with Rockwell 6s so far are: Polsilver SI and Voskhod.

Astra SS was not so comfortable using with the razor. The result was not bad but the feeling during shaving was not so comfortable as with Polsilver or Voskhod.

Sausage

Forum GOD!
I just bought my second Rockwell 6s. The first one I have sold but I regretted selling it and so I bought one again....(lesson learned..do not sell too soon..)
I was just wondering the colour of the Rockwell 6s that I just bought. It seems more dark gray and more sandblasted than the first one I bought 1 year ago which was in my opinion more light gray and more polished. So I am wondering what your 6s version look like?

The shave itself is fantastic, no issues there. So I am not complaining anything here.

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Continuing my monology here. I did some browsing around and found that the production of 6s had a shutdown for a while this autumn. During that shutdown Rockwell did cleaning and repairing for the machines. The versions of 6s before the cleaning are a bit darker than usually. But I like this darker color though. It is clearly darker and even more toolish looking finish than the usual 6s versions.

Nav

Forum GOD!
Continuing my monology here. I did some browsing around and found that the production of 6s had a shutdown for a while this autumn. During that shutdown Rockwell did cleaning and repairing for the machines. The versions of 6s before the cleaning are a bit darker than usually. But I like this darker color though. It is clearly darker and even more toolish looking finish than the usual 6s versions.
I wish my 6S was as dark as yours.

I love the utilitarian, tool-like look of the razor. I generally don't like shiny things.

I adore the sandblasted look of the 6S!!
I love the way it shaves, so smooth and efficient. I use it with polsilver blades and it's great. I like the overall shave better from the Merkur Progress but the 6S is not far from that.

YMMV

Forum GOD!
@Sausage Mine is not as dark as yours. I like the color of your 6s though

Here is a photo of the 6s with a satin Futur and a Merkur 34c. In reality the 6s is a little darker from what you can see in the picture, but not as dark as yours.

Last edited: