1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pass Around riverrun's lending library: Ever-Ready 1912

Discussion in 'Lending Pool' started by sɐǝɹpu∀, Jul 20, 2016.

1. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

As part of my 'lending library' I'm offering a British Made Ever-Ready 1912 SE razor.
    [​IMG]
    I'll include GEM blades and some ready made shims. I'll also include some grub screws, so you can try the head on a different, modern handle.
    [​IMG]
    The grub screws have two ends, one has a hexagonal opening (see the grub screw on the right), the other end doesn't. I strongly advise you to insert the end with the hexagonal hole into the head, not the handle. You might not be able to remove the grub screw from the handle otherwise. Just saying. Don't blame me.
    Normal pass around rules apply: The razor is your responsibility from the moment you receive it until the next person receives it. You break it, you buy it. Make sure it is thoroughly clean and shave ready when you pass it on or return it to me. Use at least ‘signed for’ delivery. Enjoy the shave and let us know what you think.
    Postage: TBC - probably £3.95
    If you're interested, post in this thread or send a PM to @sɐǝɹpu∀.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Mr Bigmem likes this.
  2. Looney12345

Looney12345 Veteran

Won't ask to be included in this as I've already got two 1912s at home, but a lovely gesture and for those of you that haven't tried it... Give it a go! It may just change your life...

sɐǝɹpu∀ likes this.
  3. Gairdner

Gairdner Veteran

Yes please @sɐǝɹpu∀.

Predicatable, aren't I? BTW, that handle is gorgeous? Where'd you get that?

4. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

Predictable? With that user name? Hardly.
    Just PM me your address and I'll get the razor to you shortly.
    The handle came with the razor (from an antiques market).. yeah.. it's quite nice. Makes a change from the chainlink one I see most, although that's a nice handle as well. Personally I use a 96mm stainless steel handle (with grub screw). Vaguely similar...
    [​IMG]

5. MPF9

MPF9 Veteran

The handle that you show attached to the 1912,is the chrome plated one , that is fitted to Ever Ready Streamline/ Jewel razors.

6. MPF9

MPF9 Veteran

Came from one of these. ER streamline/ jewel or chrome plated razor.

P1070001.jpg

sɐǝɹpu∀ likes this.
  7. Gordy

Gordy Über Member

A stunning collection Mike, thanks for sharing.