Recommend a mild tallow based soap please

celestino

Forum GOD!
* Haslinger Sheep milk or Aloe
* Mystic Water Sensitive Skin

Some of the other ones mentioned in the thread seem to be very good options, but not knowing what affects you, it is quite difficult to say.
These two would be my suggestion as I have used them and have heard great things from others. Furthermore, they are quite mild in scent.
However, since you are in the UK, the Haslinger would be the more practical and less expensive.

Good luck. :)

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
1. Barrister & Mann unscented or Latha line
2. Valobra unscented (AKA Art of Shaving unscented puck)
3. Jeeves of Hudson Street (they're all mild)
4. Stirling "Naked & Smooth" unscented

macaronus

Haslinger Schafsmilch is great indeed! Plus Palmolive classic stick. Nice soap, lathers easily and is dirt cheap (at least here in The Netherlands :happy:). If you don't like to use it as a stick, you could always grate it into a bowl and use it as a puck of soap. :okay:

Acer89

James
Thanks for the above. Based on your recommendations, I've ordered the following:
These aren't necessarily tallow based but I'm confident they'll suit my sensitive skin type.

Haslinger Sheepsmilk Shaving Soap with Case 60g

Phoenix and Beau Unscented Tallow Shaving Soap

Blue Goats Milk Shaving Soap

Also @Fox is making up a batch of 'Wickhams 1912 Parma Violet and Unscented' It'll be ready by the weekend so I'll be ordering that too.

Really looking forward to receiving these :happy:

Last edited:

Acer89

James
q1
Haslinger Schafsmilch is great indeed! Plus Palmolive classic stick. Nice soap, lathers easily and is dirt cheap (at least here in The Netherlands :happy:). If you don't like to use it as a stick, you could always grate it into a bowl and use it as a puck of soap. :okay:
Well at 50p a pop one had to take a punt. I've just grated mine into a bowl and pressed down hard to make a firm puck. From what I've read Palmolive benefits from a quick soak prior to lathering. I'll be trying it later this evening.