Review RazoRock Classic Cream/Soap/CROAP

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
RazoRock Classic Shaving Cream Soap

It is a soft soap (croap).

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
I am a huge bowl latherer, and with this croap, there is no exception. With the soap being soft, you need very little on the brush to lather with. Add a teaspoon of water and away you go, you get a great lather in a short space of time. The lather generated is thick and creamy, yet not overly heavy as to impede your blade in any way.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
One thing I absolutely have to point out that I've not had on any other soap/cream I've purchase, and that is the foil seal on the pot, a nice touch indeed. Overall the croap is fantastic from beginning to end.

SCENT
This was the first thing that really struck me about the croap once I'd opened the package in which it was delivered. A strong almond scent emanated, which was a great thing as I love almonds and anything almond related. During the lathering, the scent wafted around like a cloud of battenbergy goodness. On my face, it only got better. If you LOVE marzipan or just almonds in general, you will NOT go wrong here.

PROTECTION
With a DE, there was no question that this is a huge performer. Granted, there are slicker soaps out there, but this is a very strong performer indeed. Currently my slickest lather is a tallow based soap, which I'd score as a 10. RazoRock Classic I rate at 8.5 in comparison, so it is no slouch at all. The razor is allowed to glide smoothly over the skin, be it a DE or shavette.

POST SHAVE FEEL
This is another area in which the croap shines. The post shave feel is sublime. Not an ounce of dryness or tightness, only smooth, moist skin. The strongest performing software I have in this area (as of time of purchase in mid 2015).

WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?
Do bears do their business in the woods? Does night follow day? Quite simply yes. I got this at a sale price of £4.99, but would happily pay the full whack and then some, the whole experience is great. No other shaving experience has yet made me salivate in hunger.

Gordy

Legendary Member
Thanks again Nick. I currently don't have any Razorock soaps but I'll have to change that shortly.

Last edited:

Gordy

Legendary Member
Well to be honest, I wouldn't be going for the classic as I'm not really an almond scent fan. Strange one too because I love Bakewell puddings.