1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phoenix & Beau LE 2017

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Nishy, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Optometrist

Optometrist Über Member

Thanks, Avnish. With so many other artisans using more substantial offerings, I was hoping Kerry would have found something better by now. It's the only negative I have for these soaps.

phoenixandbeau and Sid James like this.
  2. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

To be honest I haven't asked just to keep the price low. I also tried sourcing some nice containers through the pharmacy but to no avail. The other thing is the fabulous graphic design you get on the current containers, this may be an issue with others?

The performance is wonderful. This year I am sticking to MdC, Jabonman and P&B only. Unusually these three provide so many options of scent that are all superb between them, which made my decision a lot easier. The rest are to be hopefully sold soon.

Nico1970 and phoenixandbeau like this.
  3. phoenixandbeau

phoenixandbeau Über Member Artisan

It's likely it will be in 4oz PET jar, although our current supplier has stopped producing them. We are in the hunt for something similar but that said, if I spot something reasonably priced might try something different. Fear not though, I'll pop some images here for everyone's attention. [Edit: if anyone see's any jars they like the look of, 100mm necks / able to easily take 4oz of soap, please share].

As an aside, now that we cure our soap for 10-weeks we'll be looking at the end of March for Scimitar's release to you all.

Good things come to those who wait :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Kindest regards,

Kerry.
    Ps, @Nishy I'll have some scents down to you in the next 10 days. Keep your eyes peeled! :eek:

MrP, Theyack, Andrimus and 6 others like this.
  4. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

Nice! Look forward to sniffing them Kerry :) eyes freshly peeled!

phoenixandbeau likes this.
  5. p.b

p.b Veteran

B&M have very nice, solid white plastic jars now. No idea of the source though.

Optometrist, phoenixandbeau and Len like this.
  6. Len

Len Über Member

+1

B&M's newer jars are the best plastic soap containers that I own. Very solid, not flimsy, at all, classy, with plenty of room to load.

The only plastic soap containers that might be currently better is MdC. They seem great, but I wouldn't know as I only own their older glass containers.

Optometrist and phoenixandbeau like this.
  7. Diggy87

Diggy87 Regular Member

Can I get in on this please?

phoenixandbeau and Nishy like this.
  8. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

Done

Diggy87 likes this.
  9. Marcos

Marcos Active Member

phoenixandbeau likes this.
  10. phoenixandbeau

I've contacted these folks and have asked for samples of their 4oz and 6oz jars.

Nishy likes this.
  11. Marcos

Marcos Active Member

You will not be disappointed. The 6oz container has the perfect amout of room for 4oz of product and ample loading. I've bought extras of these containers and transfer other soaps to them as they are far superior to what I've come across so far.

12. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

Random question why are these larger tubs preferred or is it very much a YMMV aspect? I ask this as MdC fill their product to the brim and I have no issues lathering this, I lose very little which I don't lose sleep over. Haslinger I put in my palm and lather, other such as Proraso, TOBS soap and Jabonman don't have huge containers with lots of space, yet no loading issues. Just curious as to the actual advantage.

13. Optometrist

Optometrist Über Member

Which JabonMan container are you referring to, Avnish? The current metal tin has excellent depth and 125g of soap fills approx 50%, leaving plenty of free space for loading. I guess how you load is a factor. I tend to use more of a wetter brush than dry to load, and any container filled to the brim merely results in soap loss.

Len likes this.
  14. Len

Len Über Member

It's not so much that soap loss is the problem (although there is some), when soaps are filled to the brim, but that it creates more of a mess than there need be. With a bit of depth in the container, one doesn't need to have to wipe down the outside, and threadings, of the jar after the shave for cleaning. And when the proto-lather is contained in a jar with appropriate depth, one can also load with more force without worry of an outside mess. I'm always appreciative of the soap maker's thoughtfulness of these factors when they realize these logistics and do leave the extra room for loading.

Not that any of that is going to stop me from using favorite soaps that are filled to the brim, but I do appreciate the courtesy.

15. phoenixandbeau

Evening folks,

Re shipping, for those of you who reside in the US, the cost will be exactly as per our usual (Royal Mail / parcel force) rates, e.g. approximately £5 for International Standard 3-5 day service.

Any other questions, please feel free to post here or drop me a message.

Kind regards,

Kerry.