Occams Razor- Original & Oren

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I now have in my possession the Original Occams Razor which I obtained in a Swap. This like the V2 [Oren] comes with 3 interchangeable plates of varying aggression. Blades are held in place by two small pegs fitted on the underside of the top plate being used.Loading is very easy and I have no issues with either Razor. I understand that in some cases there has been a problems with the interchangeable plates not fitting. In those cases the Supplier has replaced

Though many think the Razor will be difficult to use because of the Handle, I have no problems adapting to its use. I expect that it will pose no problem to users of Vintage SE/ Injectors, as The Occam is a bit larger than some Classics which are highly rated- Shown alongside The Occams are a Schick B1 and an ER 1914.

How does it Shave ? Though I quite like a heavy Razor, I find that this lightweight [ under 70g] fitted with a Plate 3 and Feather Proguard [plate], clears my "Need to Shave Daily" beard smoothly and comfortably without any problems. The Bonus being that every time I can be assured that I am going to get a truly close all round finish. I had already Identified the V2 as my travel Razor , as it performs so well in the different Shaving environments I have used it in. If you want a Good Shave there are few Razors that I have used that provide better trouble free Shaves than these unlikely looking Razors. Only the Original is available at the moment and quite pricey, but I have found that if you register on the Website, come- on discounts may be offered.

IMG_0836.jpg

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Actually, the Black ORENrazor is on sale now at Classic Shaving for $125.00. Here is the link:
Them customs charges will sting though, last time for me it was £30+. Classic shaving are very honest about value !

slapo

It's... alive!
I think one thing worth mentioning is that it's a closed comb razor that easily competes with open combs because of how easy it is to rinse the head.
It almost doesn't matter how much growth there is.

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Feather Professional Super Blades in OREN with three-dot top plate.......

Gentlemen, might I suggest that you carefully consider the ramifications if you decide to actually use the Feather Professional Super Blades in the OREN with the three-dot top plate....... I know, I know - that little reference card they send with the razor says not to do it that way but I thought "lets just try it today." Bad decision. I have not had so many weepers and irritated skin since my first foray into wet shaving.....with an R41 and a Feather blade....... Actually, this might have been worse. You are now forewarned.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Feather Professional Super Blades in OREN with three-dot top plate.......

Gentlemen, might I suggest that you carefully consider the ramifications if you decide to actually use the Feather Professional Super Blades in the OREN with the three-dot top plate....... I know, I know - that little reference card they send with the razor says not to do it that way but I thought "lets just try it today." Bad decision. I have not had so many weepers and irritated skin since my first foray into wet shaving.....with an R41 and a Feather blade....... Actually, this might have been worse. You are now forewarned.
Ouch !!! Hope they all heal up quick, time for a good smoothing balm. Must say I’ve never even considered swapping plates form the Plate 2. I get great shaves and just don’t feel the need to change a thing. I did try a Pro Super but much prefer a guarded blade.

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Ouch !!! Hope they all heal up quick, time for a good smoothing balm. Must say I’ve never even considered swapping plates form the Plate 2. I get great shaves and just don’t feel the need to change a thing. I did try a Pro Super but much prefer a guarded blade.
Northam, I usually use the 3-dot plate with the Feather ProGuard blade. Usually an awesome shave. Just thought I'd experiment......curiosity has been cured!

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Someone has dropped mine ! Didn’t notice until I was shaving and got a couple of cuts. It’s just enough to have put a tiny dink in the plate which means that the blade has a slight uneven gap. So I have popped on plate 3, mmm !!!!! That’s much more aggressive so it looks like I’m going to have to get a new plate number 2 !!