"Next week's" scheduled shaving gear

Darkbulb

Member #10
I normally decide what gear to use a few minutes before I actually shave but thought it would be fun to try to 'schedule' my gear a bit in advance ...

Here's my schedule for the week Sep 12-16 (I only shave on weekdays)

Anyone else have their week planned out? :)

Gordy

Legendary Member
Long story short, yes I do plan it out.
Over the past nine months I've been using the same razor for a month. It's definitely helped my shaves, not swapping around so much. I'll probably keep at that.
Soaps wise, this month I'm using the soaps I haven't used for a long time, and that I also don't have containers for. Once they are used I'm going into an makers name alphabetical rotation, as best I can. Obviously where I've more than one from that maker, I'm switching them based on the product name, to avoid using the same type more than once in a row.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I decide when I get to the bathroom usually. Sometimes though, I do have it worked out in advance...

halvor

a most elusive fish
I'm a spur of the moment man. I've seen the focus threads on TSD but never got myself to join despite thinking that it might be good for learning and truly getting to know my gear. But the thing is, I have all or most my razors kept in plain sight in the bathroom. With my kind of impulse control, I would have to do something about that first :wink:

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I use the same razor (a Mach3) every day and the shaving cream I have open until it's all used up. As for brush and aftershave, I grab whatever tickles my fancy.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
I plan ahead even though I use the same razor, blade and brush for several months at a time as it takes me a while to tune-in when I do change - that and a modest 'collection'. With soaps I tend to choose a few minutes before the shave.

celestino

Forum GOD!
Yup! I plan to shave every day, next week, with a razor, brush and soap. :D

It would be impossible for me to organize a complete week of shaving with designated items. I love making the choice the day of the shave.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Yup! I plan to shave every day, next week, with a razor, brush and soap. :D

It would be impossible for me to organize a complete week of shaving with designated items. I love making the choice the day of the shave.
This for me in a nutshell pretty much. My mood, time available, how my skin is feeling etc all factor in to the decision on the day!

PLANofMAN

Retro Razor Junkie
I normally decide what gear to use a few minutes before I actually shave but thought it would be fun to try to 'schedule' my gear a bit in advance ...

Here's my schedule for the week Sep 12-16 (I only shave on weekdays)

Anyone else have their week planned out? :)
Yep.
Monday: Gillette Aristocrat Jr.
Tuesday through Friday: a mix of stainless, titanium and beryllium razors.