Pass Around New To Wetshaving pass around

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
This sucks. So how do we solve this?
Perhaps a razor with a built in GPS device or a deposit to be put down by whoever takes up the offer, then returned on receipt or when fowarded?

SeanC

Forum GOD!
This sucks. So how do we solve this?
Perhaps a razor with a built in GPS device or a deposit to be put down by whoever takes up the offer, then returned on receipt or when fowarded?
£20 deposit repaid by the next recipient through PayPal F&F along with a mandatory use of RM Signed For and a photo of contents would leave little latitude for skullduggery.

The alternative of course is just to say not worth the hassle and PIF stuff

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

mbarno

Forum GOD!
I’m soon to be the recipient of a newbie box over on TSR, so wanted to add my perspective.

I don’t think a deposit is a bad idea, and making it mandatory to film opening the box and again repackaging. Royal Mail receipts show exact weight, which could be useful to highlight when someone has pinched a few items rather than just used a fair amount.

The main comment I want to make is not to let a few scumbags ruin what is an amazing gesture. A pass around for newbies like myself is a fantastic offer, and will enable me to try products which I may not have thought of, or which might have taken a few years to get around to trying.

Whatever needs to be done to help safeguard what are basically gifts in a newbie box will be accepted by genuine people wanting to try it. Post count restrictions or a PIF will massively limit the participation, and that would be a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
You make some good points @mbarno, I think though a lot of the guys that ran and contributed to this pass round are more than likely a little pissed off that the stuff ahs been stolen. Maybe some one will take up the mantle and get it going again, then again maybe not...?

Brennain1

As a newbie I was going to put my name down for this, I would have liked to have tried some soaps. This clearly won’t happen now and I’m not surprised if the items are going to go missing! Shame!

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
Such a shame, this would have been a great benefit to me when I started.

If anyone wants to start this up again I'd be happy to donate a few items.

pearse85

Forum GOD!
Just seen this, an amazing idea that would be great for people starting off like myself, try razor, like it, send to next noob, then purchase said razor.

Low and behold though some lowlife or lowlifes have ruined it.

Is there a buy and sell area on the site??

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Just seen this, an amazing idea that would be great for people starting off like myself, try razor, like it, send to next noob, then purchase said razor.

Low and behold though some lowlife or lowlifes have ruined it.

Is there a buy and sell area on the site??
There is, but it is hidden until you have "proven" yourself on the forum, it will unlocked after regular posts and contribution. It is a measure to protect users from scammers, coming in to make a quick buck...

pearse85

Forum GOD!
There is, but it is hidden until you have "proven" yourself on the forum, it will unlocked after regular posts and contribution. It is a measure to protect users from scammers, coming in to make a quick buck...
Sensible approach.
Look forward to it being unlocked hopefully.