New to DE so time to jump in and say Hello

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Hi everyone,

Finding this forum has been a total delight.

I have become so disillusioned with the throw away razor not only due to the quality of shave but the ridiculous cost this has become.
I never imagined in a million years the amount of products and information now available on sites such as this.
I have recently purchased my first DE Razor. After much reading I decided upon the Merkur 34c HD.
I have only tried one blade at the moment being the Astro and am very pleased with it.
My first brush is the Omega pro 49.

I am already looking for another razor (possibly the Muhle R41) and brushes and creams, soaps, colognes etc:happy:.

I thought I was supposed to be saving money but I think I can forget that.
Anyway enough of my blabbering just thank you all for your contributions to this amazing place.

Take care
Wayne

Acer89

James
A very warm welcome to you Wayne.

The Merkur 34c HD is the perfect beginners razor, it was my first. You'll soon be adding to your collection not because you need to but because you can. It's all part of the enjoyment, so enjoy and we'll enjoy with you.:happy:

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
A very warm welcome to you Wayne.

The Merkur 34c HD is the perfect beginners razor, it was my first. You'll soon be adding to your collection not because you need to but because you can. It's all part of the enjoyment, so enjoy and we'll enjoy with you.:happy:
Thank you for your kind words.
I am finding the Merkur very forgiving and lovely to handle.
All I need to do now is learn how to use it properly.

Acer89

James
Thank you for your kind words.
I am finding the Merkur very forgiving and lovely to handle.
All I need to do now is learn how to use it properly.
No matter what new razors I may purchase my trusted 34c will always feature in my shaving rotation. It's also responsible for converting me to traditional shaving and emptying my wallet! Enjoy the journey...... it'll be quite a ride! :happy:

Uncle Bertie

Forum GOD!
Welcome, you have a good setup there. Please do some careful research before going for the R41, they are very aggressive razors that really won't help someone who is just starting DE razors IMHO.

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Thank you all for the welcome.

I have been researching the R41 and having read some of the comments here, I think it would be sensible for me to learn to crawl before I walk and get to grips with my 34c before I go any further.

Message to myself: I must control my impulse buying.