Finally the first shave.

Equipment

Muhle R96 Black Handle Stainless Steel Razor
Feather Blade
PAA Lump Of Coal Soap
IP Big Bruce Synthetic
Stirling Soap Co Barbershop Balm
Paul Sebastian Spray Cologne

The loading of a blade is fool proof as the bottom and top plate fit together like a glove. The blade aligns perfectly. I would consider this razor mid aggressive as I do only two passes which is my custom. Either the razor shaves good or it doesn't. As the guy from Forged In Fire says "this will cut". A very very smooth and close shave with ease. If you are expecting an R41 or R89 shave it's not. It is better in my opinion. The head is nothing I have seen before and the guys at Muhle really did their homework. I have read that someone thought this razor under performed and even worse then the R89. I totally disagree. Of course this is only my first shave and things could change but I doubt it. The balance and grip are wonderful. This razor is a pleasure to use. Guys get one.
DSC00552.JPG

slapo

It's... alive!
Any tips where to order in EU?
Perhaps directly from Mühle's online store. They allow for e-mail notifications for stuff that's expected to be in stock at some point in time. I almost ordered the black handle R96, but then... :confused: I realised I just prefer open combs enough to wait until there's a similarly (or better) priced SS open comb. Shame I haven't been able to find Fendrihan's dual comb SS razors in Europe.

slantman

Forum GOD!
Any tips where to order in EU?
Not sure about within the UK but get on email waiting list at Gifts & Care (Spain). They had some yesterday but already sold out. It appears all vendors getting a couple at a time. I got mine from Muhle USA and they had less then 20 and sold out in several hours.

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Not sure about within the UK but get on email waiting list at Gifts & Care (Spain). They had some yesterday but already sold out. It appears all vendors getting a couple at a time. I got mine from Muhle USA and they had less then 20 and sold out in several hours.
Thanks for the review. I think I will get this one too :D

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Perhaps directly from Mühle's online store. They allow for e-mail notifications for stuff that's expected to be in stock at some point in time. I almost ordered the black handle R96, but then... :confused: I realised I just prefer open combs enough to wait until there's a similarly (or better) priced SS open comb. Shame I haven't been able to find Fendrihan's dual comb SS razors in Europe.
Thanks! Yes i am looking the muhle site as well. Now they seem to be out of stock.

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Seems impossible to buy this razor at the moment. Well all I can do is wait and rethink if I will buy this one or not. I actually ordered it already from one European webshop because it was written "In Stock" in their site but couple of days after my order I got message that they actually didnt have it in stock. So I cancelled my order because I didnt want to wait some unknown time.

I am bit surprised that Muhle has not been able to produce more these razors but I guess there are good reasons for that. I can't find many reviews on the razor...So maybe waiting is not a bad thing then.

S

Steve Bowles

I'm with you. I've decided against the Muhle and am looking at the 6s.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I would probably have gotten caught up in the hype and bought one had they been available, by now I've decided that they're not that exciting and I'm not going to bother.