New brush on way

Wayne

Forum Sod
I've just ordered myself a new custom brush from Vladimir Ferdman. I've gone for a Chubby 2/Duke style in Ivory with Butterscotch accent rings. The Ivory is a true Ivory style resin. It will use the TGN 2 band finest knot at 30mm. I say Chubby/Duke style as it will be similar but not a copy, so in a similar vein. I took my inspiration from the lovely M&F's that I saw on Greg-S's recent SOTD pics. Those M&F's are gorgeous. Hopefully it will be a nice brush. Best thing for me is the price. It's coming in at around £80+ p&p. Now that is for me a bargain. I'll post pics as soon as it is made. :) The only thing I'm worried about is the variations with TGN knots. I hope I get a gud' un but it's far from a certainty.
Edit. Hopefully similar to this one below

Last edited:

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Nice one Wayne, looking forward to seeing the finished articular. You’re as bad as me for brushes.

I’ve got a few on my radar at the moment, including one of Vladimir’s.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Hi Rob. Vladimir is easy to work with. Since getting a couple of brushes off him I'm leaning more towards the two band finest rather than the Silvertips. They have good face feel and great backbone for hard soaps. I don't notice any difference in the knots. Just be careful with him 'cos he's pretty fast with the invoice. I sent him 4 emails back and forth discussing what I wanted. He said fine and before I knew it I had an invoice to pay...:laugh:

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Tell me about it! I had something similar happen when I contacted Bernd. I sent an enquiry with what I was after. I got a reply 48 hours later with a picture of my brush. He'd already made it and I hadn't even paid!

Thanks for the info on the feel of the brushes. I've found the grading and naming of badger brushes to be the hardest thing to figure out. Find which one you like is proving to be expensive, but fun.:D

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Hi @Wayne
I may have "brush addiction syndrome" - a newly discovered medical condition characterized by compulsive purchases of fine shaving brushes.
The ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) has been of some help. Beer or single malt scotch has mixed effects.

For my next relapse (which excludes the ATG moderator LE brushes), I really need a keyhole handle and Disco color (Paladin Sherlock handle with Disco has been a first choice). I really liked your Vladimir keyhole in blue. Can he get other colors?

Wayne

Forum Sod
Hi @Wayne
I may have "brush addiction syndrome" - a newly discovered medical condition characterized by compulsive purchases of fine shaving brushes.
The ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) has been of some help. Beer or single malt scotch has mixed effects.

For my next relapse (which excludes the ATG moderator LE brushes), I really need a keyhole handle and Disco color (Paladin Sherlock handle with Disco has been a first choice). I really liked your Vladimir keyhole in blue. Can he get other colors?
Hi Howie.
Absoutely he can. Try searching for Woodturningz and look at their Inlace Acrylester resins. Lots of great funky colors on there or if you want something specific get in touch with him and see what he has. Hope that helps pal.
Wayne.

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I'm only buying a new brush cos I've got some new soap.....What's wrong with that :D
Logical !! In the picture above, see how well the M&F brush compliments the soap!!

The ivory and butterscotch combo brush should match several brands of soaps/creams - that is until your next brush is needed