My 12th DE shave thoughts

Hello people

Even though I'm fast approaching 50 years young, I've just had my 12th DE shave.

Why didn't I do it years ago I keep asking myself?

I can't believe the warm welcome, help & advice & some freebies from you great people.

I'm enjoying using different soaps,creams & blades. It goes to show that what is good for one person is not necessarily good for the other, Voskhod blades for example :mad:

I was a bit sceptical/scared, but nothing to be scared about. I've had less cuts/soreness than the 4 blade things. What was once a chore, is now a pleasure, maybe even a hobby.

What I initially thought was going to save me money has infact done the bloody opposite. After I've putmy OSP order in then that'll be it for a while. The only thing I can see me purchasing in the near futureis an adjustable razor...but which one :rolleyes:

Thanks to those who have gone out of their way to help.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Hello people

Even though I'm fast approaching 50 years young, I've just had my 12th DE shave.

Why didn't I do it years ago I keep asking myself?

I can't believe the warm welcome, help & advice & some freebies from you great people.

I'm enjoying using different soaps,creams & blades. It goes to show that what is good for one person is not necessarily good for the other, Voskhod blades for example :mad:

I was a bit sceptical/scared, but nothing to be scared about. I've had less cuts/soreness than the 4 blade things. What was once a chore, is now a pleasure, maybe even a hobby.

What I initially thought was going to save me money has infact done the bloody opposite. After I've putmy OSP order in then that'll be it for a while. The only thing I can see me purchasing in the near futureis an adjustable razor...but which one :rolleyes:

Thanks to those who have gone out of their way to help.
All with you on Voskhod, Wayne. Not for me. However, should you ever venture down a certain RoAD and acquire more razors than you have fingers and toes, you'll find that you may favour different blades in different razors, and Voskhod is popular enough to warrant giving it another go - sometime into the future.

As for the adjustable: Merkur Progress or the calibrated Digress? Parker Variant? Fan of the Merkur Futur myself, but it's not for everyone. Or you might get lucky with a FatBoy or Slim on that auction site.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Whoa! no love for the Voshie :eek:. That's the Rapira,and Ladas out then. Basically the same blades. What didn't you like about them? What razor was it in?

Whoa! no love for the Voshie :eek:. That's the Rapira,and Ladas out then. Basically the same blades. What didn't you like about them? What razor was it in?
I only have 1 razor Edwin Jagger DE89, the blade felt draggy, like it was blunt. Maybe it was a duff one? I put an Astra SP in, chalk n cheese

Wayne

Forum Sod
That is why the acronym YMMV is so important in the shaving community. One mans perfect blade is another's blunt knife. At least you can move on to a few others and give them a go. If you do not like the Voskhods in the DE89 then you should load up a Gillette Silver Blue or a Feather. They are sharper and may be more to your liking. :happy:

forestfield

Forum GOD!
Feather's are a favourite of mine, for me they seem to work well in pretty much everything I've got. They do bite occasionally in my merkur futur, but everything I've tried seems to, I just don't seem to be able to adjust to that razor.