Mundane News

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Just seen seven Goldfinches in the garden, even a young one with a fair few flurry fledgling feathers.

Cut the lump on my face, won't stop bleeding.

Off in a while to spoil my ballot paper, then work.

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
How much is a billion? I just realised that there's, formally speaking, a difference between UK and US meaning. Could potentially mean a lot of leftover cash for someone. In the event that one is involved in dealings with such figures, I sadly am not.
The UK government has been formally using the US definition of a billion since 1974 for the figures it issues. I'm old school UK but realistic enough to recognize that the US interpretation has become very widely used here.

However, if you're offering, I'll take the classic (1,000,000,000,000) UK definition, thanks.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Good day at work.

Still in for next two weeks even though many have finished their courses.

Boss of one department told my boss that he wasn't going to let me go and wanted me back next year (school year). So I will be back next term in year one and year two Plumbing as well as the distinct possibility that I will be delivering training to students in a teaching capacity.

Obviously chuffed to bits that I've done so well and progressing on to another level.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Back from the dead. Food poisoning reared its ugly head on Friday. Come Sunday and 1.5 days worth of train carts running over my body have finally passed. Ugh. Strangely, no plumber's appointments in any form, just dizziness, nausea and pain. My better half OTOH, frequently had to 'go to town', so I was lucky in that sense.

It'll be a while until I'll be wanting mussels again...

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Back from the dead. Food poisoning reared its ugly head on Friday. Come Sunday and 1.5 days worth of train carts running over my body have finally passed. Ugh. Strangely, no plumber's appointments in any form, just dizziness, nausea and pain. My better half OTOH, frequently had to 'go to town', so I was lucky in that sense.

It'll be a while until I'll be wanting mussels again...
Food poisoning/extremely upset stomach here too.. Started Wednesday, just about over it now. :oops:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Bloody scam telephone calls, " I'm ringing about your recent car accident". Soon told her what to do, and where to go while shoving a large object !