Michael Waterhouse restore.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Here's a light restore of a custom Michael Waterhouse 7/8 smiling blade quarter hollow, here's the lowdown the razor came with a few issues after some poor honing and a little neglect, first up the razor came with a very uneven bevel plus the wedge had also started to open up and part company with the scales, there were lots of marks and scratches on the blade face, plus the scales needed a bit of TLC and polishing, the blade was removed from the scales the wedge and scales were sorted out the wedge repinned scales and pins polished, the existing bevel was then removed using 300 grit compound and finally finished with progressive polishing compound, the blade had 2 layers of tape a completely new bevel set on a 1K Chosera up through my progression finally SG 20K, 40 linen 40 suede 60 Kanayama cordovan shell, the razor looks as good as the day it was first shipped from Michael Waterhouse, I'll be shipping the razor back on Monday I'm sure he will very much like his new Michael Waterhouse.