1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maseto Shaving Extra Dense

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by Nishy, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

2. halvor

halvor Forum GOD!

@celestino mentioned something about having ordered extra dense knots a while back.

Nishy likes this.
  3. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

Used one for the first time yesterday. Here's my edited SOTD:
    [​IMG]

Brush: Maseto 24mm extra dense Finest 'Spectrum'

First outing of the Maseto brush. Verdict?
    Very, very good. No issues with the knot eating the lather, good flow through from the outset. Soft tips and good backbone. Love the handle too.
    There is nothing about this brush which leads you to believe how inexpensive it is.
    This is the best bang per buck product I've bought since the Fatip piccolo.

Hope this helps?

efsk and Nishy like this.
  4. Acer89

Acer89 James

I have the extra dense 24mm finest (left) and the extra dense 26mm silvertip (right)

I actually prefer the finest. It just seems better at building a lather and the pass-through is excellent. It takes longer to break in but once it does it's fabulous.

And yes... it's very dense! At £32 delivered it's a steal!

What more can I say other than I've paid a lot more for knots which don't perform as well.

DSC_6270.jpg

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    hharry, efsk, YMMV and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

My 30mm handle has developed a stress-crack in the handle under the MS lettering. I have a nagging suspicion that my wife dropped it while tidying up but she denies it. :(
    I may be ordering a 24mm extra density brush as well as a knot (or two) from his US ebay storefront.
    I'm interested to hear more about these extra-density knots.

6. Nishy

Cheers guys, so would you say the smaller extra dense knots are have more backbone than the 30mm finest (standard density)

7. Acer89

Acer89 James

Sorry Nishy, Tough for me to answer as I have two silvertips in 30mm but not a 30mm finest.

8. Nishy

No worries James thanks for the info

9. Wayne

Wayne Bestest forum member.

No Nishy. I can find no discernible difference in the knots.

Nishy likes this.
  10. Nishy

cheers Wayne

11. celestino

celestino Forum GOD!

I have two extra dense 30mm knots waiting for two custom handles. Unfortunately, I won't receive the handles until I get back from my trip to Portugal, in August, so I won't be able to offer my impressions of the knots used in my shaves. However, I can say that they are denser than the standard 30mm 2-Band ones offered. I would surmise that they are 1/4 - 1/3 denser. However, the knot height is quite short at 62mm, so it doesn't leave much to work with when setting them in the handles. I would imagine that these extra dense ones will have great backbone as I find the regular 30mm 2-Band knots to have plenty, already.

I'll keep you up to date when I get them set in the new handles. :)

Rowlers, halvor, Nishy and 1 other person like this.
  12. Nishy

Thanks Celestino

Rowlers likes this.
  13. celestino

celestino Forum GOD!

No worries, my friend. :)

Nishy likes this.