1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin de Candre Rose & Vetyver

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Phrank, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Dr Watson

Dr Watson Legendary Member

You're an addict! You need to slow down, we dont want you getting sick of it through overuse :D. When I used MDC for the first time yesterday I loaded my brush with the normal amount I use for other soaps and it produced enough lather for 3 shaves, really impressed how economical it actually is (unless one uses it like you!)

OJ82, clint64 and Nishy like this.
  2. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

It's true I am addicted, I'm around 25 shaves in with the MdC and I can't put it down :)

Dr Watson and clint64 like this.
  3. OJ82

OJ82 Veteran

My first shave with MdC was fabolous, I just fell completly in love:wub:
    It's just on another level:love: The leather was so easy to leather, and was so light, just like a creamy cloud with very good protection and glide, I do understand you Nishy:happy:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    clint64, Nishy and Dr Watson like this.
  4. Nishy

Welcome to nirvana. To be fair many many others boasted its virtues well before me. Glad your enjoying the soap though. Pair this soap with a high end brush and it doesn't get any better.

clint64, OJ82 and zealshaver like this.
  5. Dr Watson

Dr Watson Legendary Member

Used the MDC vetyver soap again this evening but this time with a SR and no irritation... It was the Futur! Been getting ingrown hairs and all sorts with it.

The soap gets :okay: from me.

OJ82 and clint64 like this.
  6. lastcoyote

lastcoyote Well-Known Member

Ah that solves that one then. Thought it was odd that the Vetyver could be responsible.
    Still can't believe how quick they sold out of it! .....well maybe I can, but it's still annoying

clint64 likes this.
  7. lastcoyote

What you been doing to that lid Nishy?! Stabbing it with a pen or something :meh:

clint64 likes this.
  8. pjgh

pjgh Forum GOD!

I've tried both now and ... yes, good!

The Vetyver is simple - it's vetiver. Likewise, the Rose. Neither are enormously powerful, but that's the joy of these sorts of soaps, be it MdC, LPL, MWF ... the scent is understated. It's simple, it's pure - you get vetiver and you get rose. I like the rose. My favourite rose is LPL, but this is a close second ... until Wickham's do their English Rose in 1912.

That said, I don't think either would inspire me to buy a retail amount - mine were samples from Jim at Shavedash.

9. Nishy

I'm slightly surprised too given its only had around 30 uses. However, I don't let the puck air dry, or simply dry without the lid (with other soaps the scent dissipates). Add to that dense brushes and a 30 second load. Brand new the soap was rock hard. Not too worried should still last an age, by that time hopefully another new scent will be available :)

10. lastcoyote

No I mean the metal lid for the jar :rolleyes:

Nishy likes this.
  11. lastcoyote

I'd have to respectfully disagree that either of the scents are "simple".

12. Nishy

Ahhhh comprende :) yeah took it away on holiday and it was attacked by a few plugs whilst in the suitcase.

13. lastcoyote

Doh!

Nishy likes this.
  14. halvor

halvor Forum GOD!

Au contraire! "@Nishy, this soap doesn't agree with you. You need to pass it on to your dear friend Halvor" *waving my Jedi hand*

No, actually I have managed to score about 1/4 of a jar, at least, to take the worst edge off the abstinence.

MdC aside, piece of info for my fellow 'vet heads' out there: Jim at Shavedash will have LPL vetiver bourbon available for sampling in a week's time. Looking forward to trying it.

15. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Legendary Member

Apologies if against rules but there are three soaps, one of each scent available on FB