1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin de Candre Rose & Vetyver

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Phrank, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Sid James

Sid James Über Member

The vetyver is very nice. I would have lived with the dryness MDC leaves me with just for that scent, however, bye bye ship...
    The rose on the other hand, nope, not for me, my loss is the wife's gain.

Nishy likes this.
  2. Rohleder

Rohleder Über Member

I used the fougère tonight, in a word: Beautiful. 10/10 on everything and no post shave dryness that some experience.

Will try the Vetyver tomorrow :okay:

Nishy likes this.
  3. qVAMPIREp

qVAMPIREp Member

I never understood the dry skin comments. Are people not applying aftershave or moisturizers?

Burgundy likes this.
  4. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Senior Member

No but then I have skin like leather

5. Looney12345

Looney12345 Über Member

It's true, he does. I've seen it in person. :p: :hug:

Holyzeus likes this.
  6. qVAMPIREp

qVAMPIREp Member

LOL...

7. lastcoyote

lastcoyote Regular

...I hope you remember to sporadically apply Dovo strop balm to that skin then :D

8. Sid James

Sid James Über Member

I nearly always use a balm, no issues with the hydration of my skin. Why would I use a product that leaves my skin feeling dry (I know it will ultimately be superficial and just a face feel) when there are lots of products that don't. It makes no sense to impart that feeling in my shaving routine if I don't have to.
    I'm not saying MDC is a bad soap, it just doesn't work for me as good as others, no biggie. I was intrigued by comments on this vetyver scent so got a sample, the reality is I'll most likely not use it and give it away.

Nishy and p.b like this.
  9. Nishy

Nishy Veteran Staff Member

I have to admit I have normal to oily skin, most soaps leave my skin neutral if that makes sense, only a couple leave my skin feeling moisturised and MdC is one. It's main constituent is Coconut oil so this makes sense to me. But with anything shaving YMMV.

10. Rohleder

Rohleder Über Member

Tried the vetyver this evening... Lovely scent but it didn't agree with me for some reason? I felt a mild burning sensation on my face and post shave my skin felt hot and irritated :(

Didn't have this problem last night with the fougere, will try the either the original or rose tomorrow and see how that goes.

Nishy likes this.
  11. lastcoyote

lastcoyote Regular

Hmm how strange, and disappointing. Maybe the Vetyver essential oil is the culprit for the skin reaction?
    I've used my ShaveDash sample of it and had no issues at all.

Nishy likes this.
  12. Rohleder

Rohleder Über Member

Indeed, was rather gutted! Ho-hum... Mine was from Shavedash too, on the bright side at least I didn't get a 200g tub :happy:

Sid James and Nishy like this.
  13. lastcoyote

lastcoyote Regular

I wish you did as I'd be snagging it from you!

halvor, Nishy and Rohleder like this.
  14. Rohleder

Rohleder Über Member

You and about 10 others :happy: Its surprising as I dont have particularly sensitive skin, the only other shaving product to ever irritate me was TOBS sandalwood.

Nishy likes this.
  15. Nishy

Nishy Veteran Staff Member

I would be in there :) I have already used up a decent amount, I don't leave the lid off to dry, trying to keep the scent in the tub!

My brushes have been busy! The soap was flush to the lip at one point.
    [​IMG]