1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin de Candre Rose & Vetyver

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Phrank, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Über Member

Just picked mine up, wonderful packaging and a free sample too, just wish I knew what it was..

clint64 likes this.
  2. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

Yh I had the same issue I think it is either fougere bath soap or shaving soap. Look forward to hearing your thoughts @Holyzeus its a winner IMO, double dip that brush when loading too.

clint64 and Holyzeus like this.
  3. lastcoyote

lastcoyote Active Member

Such a shame the Vetyver has gone :(

clint64 and Nishy like this.
  4. Rohleder

Rohleder Über Member

Samples ordered...

Nishy likes this.
  5. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

Nice video

6. lastcoyote

lastcoyote Active Member

No more Rose left now from MdC

I think it's strange they say they won't make more of these two scents, considering how fast they sold out of both.

Rohleder likes this.
  7. Rohleder

Rohleder Über Member

I must admit I was a little surprised myself... Having done some digging into old MDC posts online it would appear the fougere scent came about the same way, initially released as a "limited edition" it sold so well they decided to make it a permanent product. Just have to hope they consider the latest two a success, personally I would call selling out of what is essentially a very niche product within a couple of weeks to be a roaring success but maybe they will prefer to keep demand high?

clint64 and lastcoyote like this.
  8. lastcoyote

lastcoyote Active Member

I'll leave it a while and see if they release more of the Vetyver. If not I may buy their scented soap in the bowl thingy.

clint64 likes this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Veteran

I recall reading about Fougere scent being released as you described. I would think people sending an email requesting or asking about the new LE scents might persuade them to introduce one or both as a regular item.

I absolutely love the Original and Fougere scents. When I can reduce my soap inventory, I too want one of the brain bowls.

10. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

I did a bit of research on the brain bowls and read that the scent diminishes quicker than in the sealed jar, just food for thought but also I can't verify it first hand.

11. Looney12345

Looney12345 Veteran

What the heck is a brain bowl? Is it this? http://savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/cadeaux-au-masculin/140-savon-a-raser-le-bol-en-bois.html

clint64 likes this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Veteran

Looney12345 likes this.
  13. qVAMPIREp

qVAMPIREp Active Member

It's the common name. The unsmoothed soap is lumpy and looks like a brain in an upside down skull cap.

clint64 and Looney12345 like this.
  14. Looney12345

Looney12345 Veteran

I'm glad I worked it out... it was the only thing that remotely resembled brains so thought it must be that one :D funny

qVAMPIREp and clint64 like this.
  15. Rohleder

Rohleder Über Member

MDC samples arrived yesterday, will try one tonight... Not sure which one yet though.

It was interesting to smell them at last,

Original = Pungent French lavender, smells very clean and clinical... Perfect for the hotter months I imagine.
    Fougere = Fresh fern, from a quick sniff this is my favourite... Reminds me of childhood camping holidays in France/Channel Islands.
    Rose = This is proper rose, smells like the actual flower... In another league to the synthetically sweet Turkish delight esque Dusy Kabinett!
    Vetyver = This is something very special, I can finally understand what the fuss is about but will withhold further comment until I've actually used it.

Looney12345 likes this.