1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin de Candre Rose & Vetyver

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Phrank, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Phrank

Phrank Veteran

Of course I just had my shave, with some nice DR Harris Lavender hard soap, which was superb.

Finished everything up, sat down with a hot cup of coffee, knock on the door, and it's the Post Man, look what arrived...

O M G !!!! MdC Rose and Vetyver!!!!!

[​IMG]

MdC-Rose_Vetyver.jpg

Turns out you need a Badger brush......[​IMG]

bandito, Dogsmro and Nishy like this.
  2. R181

R181 Forum GOD!

If you had of used Canada Post you would not have that problem on a Sunday. :D None the less it is a nice problem to have and I am sure there is no shortage of badger brushes in your house. Enjoy.

Bob

3. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

How does the vetiver smell?

Boojum1 likes this.
  4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Cosmic Member

signs011.gif

5. Dipesh

Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

I need to get some of these. Need to use up my current lots of mdc first!

6. BlacknTan

BlacknTan Legendary Member

Now I'm officially jealous Andrew!

For me to get it from France, I like to order three tubs to make shipping worthwhile. That gets a bit expensive right before Christmas ... particularly with 5 grandchildren. Perhaps after Christmas I'll order the Vetiver, of possibly I'll just pony up and order one from the sole US importer..

Lest us know about the aroma ..

Bill (Druid)

7. Nishy

Mine was meant to be delivered Friday but I wasn't at home so hopefully being left on the porch tomorrow.

8. Phrank

Phrank Veteran

Actually it was Canada Post that delivered it.

Frequently they'll show up on a Saturday or a Sunday if they need to catch up with deliveries. Postie said he had 180 deliveries to do that day....

9. Phrank

Phrank Veteran

Until I can get a shave in with this, I'll hold back any comment, needs to get worked up in a very warm scuttle with a nice brush and lathered for me to give it a fair shake.

Going to use a Fine aftershave...either Clean Vetiver or Fresh Vetiver...but before I put a splash on, will be doing a smell comparison.

10. Phrank

Phrank Veteran

Limited Edition soaps - fyi - one can hope they continue to produce, but you may not see them again.

11. Nishy

Fair play, just as a guide, on opening is it a dirty earthy vetiver (di haiti), or cleaner green (Guerlain) smelling sort?

Phrank likes this.
  12. Phrank

Phrank Veteran

If you're familiar with Fine Clean Vetiver and Fresh Vetiver, it's closer to the Fresh Vetiver...very subtle, but can tell it will develop extremely nicely, has some real dark earthy undertones to it, as expected, it seems to have a lot of bandwidth, right outside the box for MdC.

The Rose is equally deep and wide ranging, I'm a big fan of many Rose soaps, and this one I think will be a real winner.

halvor, Reevers and Nishy like this.
  13. Nishy

Thank you, look forward to hearing your views.

14. R181

R181 Forum GOD!

I always knew southern Ontario was in a different universe from us up here and that just proves it. :D You might get that kind of service up here around Christmas when they get snowed under with parcels but not any other time.

Bob

Phrank likes this.
  15. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

Ooh, now that is interesting. Fine Fresh Vetiver is one of my favorite aftershaves, which I preferred over the Clean Vetiver.