1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maggard finest Knots

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by Rowlers, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Has anyone tried the Finest Knots from Maggards? Your typical Chinese knot?

2. bakerbarber

bakerbarber Guru

I have tried them.

No. Not typical of the Chinese knots I've got from ebay.

Mine have been natural looking, dense, very we'll formed, and nicely packaged. I bought a handful. One or two at different times. The smallest one and the 24mm. Very consistent.

I would compare them to Semogue owner's club knot. Probably about twice as soft as I've used two fairly frequently. Still scrubby feeling.

It reminded me of the M&F blonde I had for a little while early this year. No where near as dense, but similar looking and feeling hairs. That M&F was much too scrubby and pokey for me at the time. It felt like a brand new Simpsons Manchurian but acted as though it would take ages to tone down the face feel to where I would be reaching for it.

The first Maggard knot I have I was a bit concerned that it was overly stiff. The bugger took around a dozen uses and since has been a very good knot. I use it at least twice a week now.

IMG_20171207_090515.jpg IMG_20171207_090552.jpg

3. Acer89

Acer89 James

Yep I've tried them. I wouldn't describe Maggards knots as your typical Chinese knot.

The larger Maggards finest knots are quite dense with good backbone. Good value for money but be aware the ones I've purchased do have quite a large glue bump.

Not quite up to the standard of TGN or MS finest but still not a bad knot.

4. Rowlers

Just trying to decide which to buy after my Dad had a moment if madness and destroyed my 30mm MS finest. :mad:
    Problem is, if i order from Maggards I'd feel obligated to buy a few more goodies:D

5. Acer89

Acer89 James

Why not buy another ms finest? I'm sure Nick can supply you with a 30mm

Rowlers likes this.
  6. Rowlers

Yeah tempted...

7. Wayne

Wayne Shave gear addict.

He certainly can he does 24mm 26mm and 30mm in extra dense 2 bands. Great knots but you already know that.

Acer89 likes this.