1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LE Wickham's 1912 Group Buy: Scent Group 2 Vote Off.

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Mr Bigmem, Dec 9, 2016.

?

Pick your winning scent from Group 2

Poll closed Dec 16, 2016.
  1. Chanel Bleu

40.7%
  2. Boss Bottled

18.5%
  3. JPG Le Male

14.8%
  4. Dior Fahrenheit

25.9%
  1. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

Good day to you gentleman, this is our Group 2 scent Vote off for the LE Wickham's 1912 Group Buy Soap, as you can see this group comprises inspiration from 4 famous scents that I am in no doubt will meet all if not most of your tastes.

We will all know Daron’s uncanny ability pay homage to a myriad of scents that surpass what a replica may be considered, being true to their heart and also shining out on their own. To be honest I have consider him to be the Willy Wonker of Soap Makers lol.
    Just know any resulting winner from this group will not fail to impress and will truly compliment your shave and fragrance regime. This Group is for all you Frag Heads out their (you know who you are) :).

The list is still open and you can get over to the thread to add yourselves, read updates and further info. http://www.atgshaving.com/threads/whos-up-for-le-wickhams-1912-group-buy.4131/
    I will ask that only those who have added themselves to the group buy Vote on these threads, this is to save me time in weeding out non-counting votes. As already noted you still have time to get on the list.

The Poll/Vote is for 1 vote each and will be open for 7 days. The final winner from this Group will be put forward to face the 2 other winners of Groups 1 & 3. I will also be adding to that final heat 1 wildcard scent which receives the most votes from all the Groups Polls/Votes threads that didn't win meaning we have 4 Scents in a final Poll/Vote, Thanks to @DamianJ for this great recommendation.

As identifying counting votes maybe quite difficult can I ask that after you cast your vote that you also post your choice in this thread.

Group 2. Smell Me Likes
    Chanel Bleu,
    Boss Bottled,
    JPG Le Male,
    Dior Fahrenheit

2. Nick_S

Nick_S Atypical Audi Driver

'mon the Boss!

3. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

Lol Qeu¿

4. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

Can we vote for "none of the above"? :D
    I don't know what any of these smell like.

5. wazza

wazza a dog got personality

Neither do I, other than Chanel Bleu. Vote for that one :p:

6. D_SM

D_SM Active Member

Chanel Bleu get my vote too! Very nice scent.

wazza likes this.
  7. Burgundy

Burgundy Legendary Member

Chanel Pour Monsieur would've been much better. Or even Égoïste. :whistling:

8. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

I had to look these up. I didn't have a clue. Guess I'll have to go by the local shops and have a sniff before I cast my vote.
    Chanel Bleu: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Chanel/Bleu-de-Chanel-9099.html
    Bleu de Chanel by Chanel is a woody aromatic fragrance for men. The fragrance features labdanum, nutmeg, ginger, sandalwood, patchouli, mint, jasmine, grapefruit, citruses, vetiver, incense, cedar and pink pepper.

Boss Bottled: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Hugo-Boss/Boss-Bottled-383.html
    The fragrance is fresh and sharp with warm woody base. The fresh and fruity top notes of apple and citrus are perfectly balanced with floral and spicy heart, dominated by pelargonium, warm cinnamon, and cloves. The base notes are very masculine: sandalwood, vetiver and precious cedar.

JPG Le Male: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Jean-Paul-Gaultier/Le-Male-430.html
    The top notes are composed of mint, lavender and bergamot. The heart is composed of cinnamon, cumin, and orange blossom. The base contains vanilla, tonka bean, sandalwood and cedarwood.

Dior Fahrenheit: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Christian-Dior/Fahrenheit-228.html
    A Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Top notes are lavender, mandarin orange, hawthorn, nutmeg flower, cedar, bergamot, chamomile and lemon; middle notes are nutmeg, honeysuckle, carnation, sandalwood, violet leaf, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and cedar; base notes are leather, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiver.

Mr Bigmem and wazza like this.
  9. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

Thanks @Mr_Smartepants I should have thought to do this.

10. Nick_S

Nick_S Atypical Audi Driver

I'd just been speaking to one of my Scottish clients, and when they cheer on their team, they shout 'mon the hoops! So I cheered on the Hugo Boss :D

11. jb7

jb7 Bloke

The women like these two -
    Chanel Bleu
    JPG Le Male

Boss Bottled is a manly and slightly more mature scent. I have a bottle, but once it is gone I doubt I will replace it. Decent, but not amazing.

Dior Fahrenheit is described as having a petrol note. Very distinctive, but may not be to everyone's taste. Again, not one I will be replacing.

I think the Chanel, JPG and Boss would translate well into a soap scent. Not sure about the Dior.

I own all 4, and if I had to pick a favorite from the bunch it would Le Male, the only one I would replace when gone. It has legendary status in and around the fragrance circle.

12. ManicDee

ManicDee Über Member

The Men like them too, JPG Le Male. Love it :)

jb7 likes this.
  13. BlacknTan

BlacknTan Guru

Give me whatever women like ... Nah, it wouldn't work for me anyway.

I voted for Boss, but only because I know it..

14. Dogsmro

Dogsmro Über Member

To clarify,
    Chanel blue, for tha man that wants to get laid
    Fahrenheit, for the man that will get laid.
    :D

15. DamianJ

DamianJ Über Member

Chanel Bleu for me