1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Pass Around Lather Bros. El Caballero Bay Rum Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Lending Pool' started by Gordy, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Gordy

Gordy Legendary Member

David from Shaving Time https://shavingtime.co.uk/, in association with Lather Bros. Soap Company https://www.latherbros.com/ have very kindly donated a soap for a passaround. I got in touch with Andres to get some further information about this relative newcomer to the shaving soap market, here what he had to say -

Lather Bros. Soap Co. is a husband and wife (Andres & Stephanie) run business from Miami Florida. We started about a year and a half ago with the intent to bring more attention to wet shaving in the South Florida area. Besides shaving products, we offer bath products and hair products just around the corner. Our soaps are made from natural products and most are themed to express the multi culture that you see in Miami and South Florida. We also like to create limited releases inspired by pop culture TV, Movies and Comics. All our labels and art are created in house by me, as my first passion is art and graphic design.
    El Caballero.jpeg
    This is our old school take on a classic BayRum scent, We've added a hint of coconut and fig for that South Florida feel. With plenty of oils and butters to moisturize and slick the skin, this soap will provide a great shave.

Ingredients - Stearic Acid, Coconut Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Tallow, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Lactate Essential Oils and Fragrance

If you'd like to take part in this passaround, just add your name to the list -

2. ajc347

ajc347 Legendary Member

I'd love to try this please. :)

1. ajc347

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Yeah, go on then! Nice one @Gordy

4. Andymc133

Andymc133 Senior Member

Go on then I'll give it a whirl

5. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

1. ajc347
    2. Rowlers
    3. Andymc133
    4. p.b

cool - cheers.

6. missingskin

missingskin Guru

1. ajc347
    2. Rowlers
    3. Andymc133
    4. p.b
    5. missingskin
    Yes please.....

7. Gordy

Gordy Legendary Member

I used my Hela Bad last night and I really I wasn't expecting the performance. It's one of the thirstiest soaps I've ever used but that also makes it one of the slickest. I could have wiped the lather off and still had an excellent shave. I also couldn't believe the amount of water it can take. Lather stability can be an issue with that much water but I'm certain it could take even more without dissipating. Cushion is actually as good as any high end soap. The properties are very similar to Abbate Y La Mantia, which is high praise indeed. It beats a lot of the big established American artisans. I'm very, very impressed! You guys are in for a treat.

Rowlers, missingskin and ajc347 like this.
  8. ManicDee

ManicDee Guru

I'll jump aboard this pass around, Gordy. Many thanks :thumbsup:

9. Gordy

Gordy Legendary Member

Anymore interest in this guys?

10. Gordy

Gordy Legendary Member

Last call before I send this out. Anyone else want on to this excellent soap?

11. wooky114

wooky114 Veteran

Go on then, yes please....

1. ajc347
    2. Rowlers
    3. Andymc133
    4. p.b
    5. missingskin
    6. wooky114

12. Gordy

Gordy Legendary Member

Excellent stuff, anyone else? I'll start sending this out on Monday.

ajc347 and Rowlers like this.
  13. ManicDee

ManicDee Guru

I seem to have been missed?????

14. Gordy

Gordy Legendary Member

I didn't paste the list so sorry for that. I've added you in order of posting.

1. ajc347
    2. Rowlers
    3. Andymc133
    4. p.b
    5. missingskin
    6. ManicDee
    7. wooky114

ManicDee likes this.
  15. AlexNoodles

AlexNoodles Veteran

That's a phenomenal soap, definitely worth trying out guys!

Rowlers likes this.