Latest and Greatest worth it?

MrK1

Forum GOD!
I never had a problem blind buying razors and didn't really lose too much when selling them on.

The King Cobra and the Blackbird are 2 that I'm glad I bought.

That all changed with the Asylum RX.
I had such high hopes for it, turned out to be a bag of shit.

I won't be making that mistake again.

I'm seriously considering asking for a refund on the Rockwell Model T.

R181

Grumpy old man
It is a yes and no sort of thing. Yes, if you like well made items and no if it is a good close long lasting shave that you are after. Case in point is that while I appreciate my Wolfman OC with Ikon Bulldog handle for its build quality it shaves as well as my Merkur 45 razor. Depends what you are after.

Bob

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I've tried a lot, some were better than others. The Timeless OC works really well and is a keeper, the PILS is supernaturally good and if I was forced to lose all my razors bar one that's the one I'd keep. Even above the Timeless.

The Wolfman was beautiful, it really was, but when the blade met the stubble others did a better job and it's now winging its way to a new home. Hopefully it's new owner will enjoy it.

Redrooster

Think it comes down to budget and can we afford it kind of thing.Id never ask to borrow a razor or join a passaround so if i like the look of something ill scour the forums trying to find the good and bad.
So far ive been lucky think ive got 8 razors only one i had my doubts about was my futur it nicked me and gave me weepers so i stashed it away in the back of my cabinet but as my technique improved so did it now i can happily set it to 6 or 7 and shave away no cuts nicks weepers nothing.I also wouldn't sell something i didnt like 'id be more inclined to just bin it and take the loss.

bkatbamna

Forum GOD!
No. Not really worth it. I get great shaves with the vintage gillettes esp. the NEW OC, the Bostonian. If I want to shave quickly without cuts then the pre-war tech or the aristocrat.

Weekly

Forum GOD!
The most I've paid was $63.US for
My Merkur Futur purchased from a
Vendor in England with free shipping to
The US and that was in 2016 and I am
Completely satisfied with the razor it is
Perfect , the only other razor that I might take a risk on is that new Rockwell
Adjustable once it's been around long
Enough to generate a very large number of reviews.

Weekly

Forum GOD!
The most high risk blind purchased
Razor I've read about on the forums is
That strangely Priced "OneBlade" Quasi
Single Edge , if I were a SE fan and I'm
Not , I don't think I would take the risk of
A blind purchase on it , and the Plastic
Model is so ridiculous that it's comical
Being that I can't stand the thought of
Any plastic whatsoever in my razors