Kodi/IPTV

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
I have a openbox v8 that I have been using to watch sports for the last 12 months, the subscription (card sharing) has now run out and I'm looking at options. Sky sports was often glitchy and only is SD so I'm of a mind to look at IPTV.

Anyone any experience of the paid subs? - sportsmania or anyone else.

I bought a one day pass for sports mania yesterday to watch United and it was very good with full HD

I couldn't find the thread but I think @LeeBot mentioned he has had problems with sportsmania in the past?

LeeBot

Forum GOD!
I did have a few probs with it but there's been some work done on the site and it's been pretty much spot on all through the festive period for the football and for the Darts final the other night so definitely worth chancing your arm - especially if your 1 day pass worked fine.

You do get the occasional blip but £26 for 6 months including 3pm games, PPV and pretty much anything else sports related then it's something I'm willing to put up with. I watch it upstairs on the wi-fi and there's no problem - I even chromecast the Merseyside derby back downstairs to the main TV and it worked perfectly. I was expecting that to glitch like hell given my cheap wifi dongle on the PC and it's distance from the router and the ChromeCast.

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
I did have a few probs with it but there's been some work done on the site and it's been pretty much spot on all through the festive period for the football and for the Darts final the other night so definitely worth chancing your arm - especially if your 1 day pass worked fine.

You do get the occasional blip but £26 for 6 months including 3pm games, PPV and pretty much anything else sports related then it's something I'm willing to put up with. I watch it upstairs on the wi-fi and there's no problem - I even chromecast the Merseyside derby back downstairs to the main TV and it worked perfectly. I was expecting that to glitch like hell given my cheap wifi dongle on the PC and it's distance from the router and the ChromeCast.
Like you say for that kind of money you can not complain really, if it is not perfect all the time. I will have it on an android box via Kodi, seems from research that is a more reliable way than just via a browser. Cheers.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
I have the Amazon Firestick with Kodi 16.1 fully loaded I can watch Sky sports including BT sports free through Modro and all the new release films and series through Exodus.

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
I have the Amazon Firestick with Kodi 16.1 fully loaded I can watch Sky sports including BT sports free through Modro and all the new release films and series through Exodus.
I have Kodi, it's great for films and TV series like you say. I do find for sports though getting a reliable stream without buffering can be a pain, so would rather pay a little bit for some quality.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I have Kodi, it's great for films and TV series like you say. I do find for sports though getting a reliable stream without buffering can be a pain, so would rather pay a little bit for some quality.
Hi flobberdob,

I have the Strong SRT 2121 HD Satellite Android Receiver, it comes with Kodi, Sat connections & and several Apps for TV and Movies but it also comes with a subscription service called "iviewtv" here is the link https://www.iviewtv.net/
I pay £109 for 12mts and get EVERY Sky Service in Europe,
So All the Sky Sports in English, German, Italian etc Plus BT Sports, Fox Sports and All the Pay per Views are included.
If you are interested in UFC, Boxing or Wrestling it is covered.
Also included are All Sky Movie packages.
They also do pay by month for around £16.
I have been using this service for around 3 months now and have had no issues.

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
Hi flobberdob,

I have the Strong SRT 2121 HD Satellite Android Receiver, it comes with Kodi, Sat connections & and several Apps for TV and Movies but it also comes with a subscription service called "iviewtv" here is the link https://www.iviewtv.net/
I pay £109 for 12mts and get EVERY Sky Service in Europe,
So All the Sky Sports in English, German, Italian etc Plus BT Sports, Fox Sports and All the Pay per Views are included.
If you are interested in UFC, Boxing or Wrestling it is covered.
Also included are All Sky Movie packages.
They also do pay by month for around £16.
I have been using this service for around 3 months now and have had no issues.
Sounds interesting. Are the sports channels HD?

Dj-Steved

Brush Addict
I am very interested in this service as it looks amazing.
My only worry would be coughing up the £109 and then a couple of months down the line the service stops and you have lost you money.
I guess it is the gamble you have to take if you want cheap tv.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Mine seems to have stopped playing anything again, unfortunately. I did try setting up Iptv but to no avail. Program updates keep failing which is probably the reason why not even Exodus is working.

Edit: managed to sort out the issues and signed up to TVCloud seems to work OK, £5/month (cheaper with longer packages) a decent number of channels inc sports. Can't seem to download Iptv on my Android box or would have chosen that.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I am very interested in this service as it looks amazing.
My only worry would be coughing up the £109 and then a couple of months down the line the service stops and you have lost you money.
I guess it is the gamble you have to take if you want cheap tv.
They Do a Monthly payment as well but I have had no issues at all

reefhead

Forum GOD!
Recent convert to Sportsmania - took out a 3 month sub and have used it for the footie on both my Android box and iPad and works pretty well with HD streams across most Premier matches. Does suffer from occasional glitches and buffering on match days, but can't complain for money and game coverage.

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
Recent convert to Sportsmania - took out a 3 month sub and have used it for the footie on both my Android box and iPad and works pretty well with HD streams across most Premier matches. Does suffer from occasional glitches and buffering on match days, but can't complain for money and game coverage.
Which android box do you use out of interest? I've had to send a couple back as I was not happy with them. Most seem to be aimed at the 'I want everything fully loaded' end of the market. Where I want to put everything on myself.