1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review Kiss My Face Shaving Cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by Rowlers, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Today I used KmF Shave cream for the first time, here are my thoughts.
    This is an American shave cream available from Amazon amongst other places.
    http://kissmyface.com/body/grid/natural-moisture-shaves
    It costs approx £12 for 325ml, making it IMO quite nicely priced..
    Available in a variety of scents, today I used the Cool Mint.
    First impressions, wow it's runny! Nice scent, sort of fresh mint, not artificial, not overly strong, really quite pleasant!
    This is the amount I used:
    [​IMG]
    After 20 seconds of whisking with my B-400 silvertip:
    [​IMG]
    another 20secs or so:
    [​IMG]
    Finally (a minute or so?) we have?
    [​IMG]

This cream is SO easy to lather, seriously one of the easiest lathering creams/soaps I have ever used...
    Now onto the performance, I've got to say, I'm gobsmacked!
    It is slicker than most soaps I've tried; on a par with Stirling MITA and Haslinger, maybe even slicker!?!
    Protection/cushion, again this is up there with the best I've tried i.e. Haslinger, NSS and MWF.
    Final performance marker for me is post shave feel, and you guessed it, it goes straight to the top of the class. Seriously moisturised and nourished feeling on the face post shave.
    This stuff is a MUST buy IMO and TBH I could sell quite a lot of my soaps and use this instead.
    It has quite literally blew my mind as to how good this is.
    At the price it is and the amount that is required (I had a plenty of lather left for another couple of passes!), I think this is a Shave Bargain.

Matsilainen, Dipesh, Batch300 and 9 others like this.
  2. SensitiveGuy

SensitiveGuy Well-Known Member

Paraben free too :thumbsup:

Robyflexx, Acer89 and Nishy like this.
  3. Acer89

Acer89 James

Great review @Rowlers . Thanks.
    I've seen KMF feature in the SOTD but for some reason I've always given it a wide birth probably due to packaging. Just goes to prove you can't judge a book by it's cover. After reading your review it's now on my wish list. :happy:

4. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Yeah I know what you mean, it looks kind of cheap and run of the mill, but after seeing @robbyflex and a couple others using it to good effect, I thought I'd give it a go... Shavedash.com has all the scents I believe...

Mr Bigmem, Robyflexx and Nishy like this.
  5. lloydrm

lloydrm Well-Known Member

I like to pair it with tallow soaps. Great results.

Mr Bigmem likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Retro Razor Junkie

I use the Limes and Unscented variety the most. The missus uses the Pomegranate Grapefruit (and I do to on occasion).

I use the unscented as a booster for just about all of my hard soaps. What most Americans would call a 'superlather.'

About time you tried it Rowlers, I've been preaching the merits of this stuff for a while now.

Redd, Robyflexx and Rowlers like this.
  7. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Über Member

Welcome to the KMF club my friend. I have nearly all of the scents. The one problem you will now have is that all other creams, soaps and croaps will have a big margin to compete or be half as good in all the areas you've so nicely reported on. Lol its a slippy slop lol.

lloydrm and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Guru

Lee I'm so happy you're pleased with it. The stuff is amazing! I'm finding it difficult to want to use anything else lately. :)

Redd, PLANofMAN, lloydrm and 2 others like this.
  9. Celar36

Celar36 Über Member

For me KMF was game changer in my wet shaving journey.

4 years ago to date (December 2012) I was send sample from my friend in America.

This soap not only told me I can shave actually with less nick and cuts but also it was first and only (till St.James cream/ thou KMF is still better) cream I could use and not suffer razor burns etc..

I always have a bottle of Cool Mint or lime as is a must in my den!

Packing; I love press nozzle. Such a lazy thing!
    Price: Cheap as peas in US so I get my US friend to ship me once every year a few.

Many people disregard this cream due its price and packing. Not a fancy one like rest. I say so what? Is really great cream. Get one you will not regret.

Only other cream I really wanted to try but cant get hold of is Nancy Boy cream.

10. Acer89

Acer89 James

+1 for Kiss My Face cream. It easily competes with the best of them and the easy pump bottle is another bonus.

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Guru

It blows everything out of the water. The pump is definitely a bonus. The heck with fancy presentations, the cream in that pump bottle is gold. :love:

12. Celar36

Celar36 Über Member

@Robyflexx Even my wife like it.

To be honest KMF was my Cream AD killer. I got as gift St.James and its good but KMF just KO it!

At some point for 8 months I only use KMF but at some point I put some soaps in rotation thanks to some good members of UK Forums (P.160 and Old spice)

Another hidden gem is Thayers Witch Hazel. Trust me mate!

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Guru

I had the same problem! When I first got it I used it for months on end. I didn't even look at my other creams or soaps. :laugh:

14. R181

R181 Veteran

I remember trying KMF several years ago and was impressed with it too. It was easy to lather, made tons of lather and was slicker than snot.

Fast forward to last year when I decided to buy it again. This time it did not produce tons of lather but was still slicker than snot.

The first KMF I bought was simply labelled KMF Moisture Shave the second was labelled KMF 4 in 1 Moisture shave for Men. Now I am wonder if besides the label change the made an ingredients change also.

Still works well but I need to use more product than before. I needed to add cream for each pass rather than the once and done as before.

Bob

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Guru

They still make that one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004...&sr=8-12&keywords=kiss+my+face+moisture+shave