Keeping track of blade uses

Uncle Bertie

Forum GOD!
I've had a few bad shaves recently because I lost track of how many shaves I'd had with a particular blade. I really like to try out different things regularly and I've probably got 25 I'd actually shave with. I've tried dice but they got knocked over too easily so this is my most recent solution.

I bought a £3 educational aid called a Place Value Spinner and stuck it to the inside of my bathroom cupboard. Unfortunately the simplicity of the idea is a little spoiled by having to use blue tack to hold the pointers in place, but generally I'm very happy. What do you think?
20170418_221427.jpg

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Nice idea...
I generally chuck a DE blade after 2 shaves anyway.
Injector blades I record in my notes app on my phone :)

kypros

Forum GOD!
I have the same problem because of alternating between razors. This is a good idea, too bad I cannot get these in Cyprus.

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
I chuck DE blades after three uses, but SE blades vary. I often have 2 or 3 razors "on the go" at the same time and, to keep track (but not record) this, I use an abacus, and a couple of mechanical hand tally counters. These run up to 9999, but I doubt there's a razor blade in Creation, apart from a Straight or perhaps an SE wedge, that would last that long.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
I've had the same issue, thanks for bringing this up.

The idea is ok if one has his own space so that these pointers are not shaken around and about (i.e. other people not opening that cupboard).
Wonder if a iPhone/Android app (or a simple registered 'Note' each time on a smartphone) is better...

Electrif

SE la vie
I use a Sharpie pen and mark each use with a dot either on the blade, sleeve or wrapper. My OCD is even bad enough to flip the blade on each use. This marking technique does prove difficult for injector blades and the flipping is obviously impossible for Schick Twin blades.
This thread on TSR describes an Android app 'Thing Counter'. Not tried myself.