Kai pro touch MG

Wayne

Forum Sod
When I got my Mongoose from the BST the seller kindly added a small selection of blades for me to try. I only used two a Feather light and a Feather pro super. At the time the Pro super seemed the better and I bought a pack of them.
Since then all they have given me is rough shaves with weepers on my neck. I am prone to weepers there with aggressive blades. I went to put a new blade in the 'Goose last night and remembered the selection pack I had.
I took out a Kai pro touch MG and loaded it. I have to say for me this blade made the Mongoose a wonderful shaver. The blade is super sharp but smooth as silk for me. I had a really close shave and not one single weeper, no redness or soreness. I didn't even use balm. I'll get rid of the supers and get some Pro touch blades.
The Mongoose and the Kai for me are a marriage made in heaven. If you haven't gotten around to trying one yet then I would suggest you could do far worse.

halvor

a most elusive fish
All with you, Wayne. I just picked the SS Mongoose out of storage the other day and have tried it twice since. I quickly exchanged the Pro (or was it Super Pro) with the ProTouch MG, which was, I think, the conclusion also from last time. With the alumi version it's quite different; the PTMG is too mild and inefficient while the Pros and Super Pros are the better.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Welcome to nirvana. I use a pro touch in my ATT SE2 and it is wonderfully smooth, super efficient and hassle free. Bought a few packs. Only thing I found is with a mild razor (SE1) they are a little too mild for my liking.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Welcome to nirvana. I use a pro touch in my ATT SE2 and it is wonderfully smooth, super efficient and hassle free. Bought a few packs. Only thing I found is with a mild razor they are a little too mild for my liking.
Nirvana is indeed the word for them Nishy my friend. I don't have a mild razor to chuck one into luckily. With the Mongoose they are a match made in Heaven. I'll see who wants my F,Pro's and get some more Kai's.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
You can't compare different sized blades between Cobra and Mongoose razors for the simple reason that one has a blade stop and the other doesn't. When I first had a Cobra I tried all different Feather blades without giving any thought to the fact that they are all supposed to sit against the blade stops. The Pro Super cut me to ribbons and it took me some time to realise that the cause was probably due to it riding on top as opposed to behind the blade stops. I've never used one since.

The Mongoose will take any blade providing the cut-outs are aligned, and my comparison is restricted to Feather Pro and Kai mild (Pink) blades where I find that Kai are much kinder from first use. I've yet to try the Kai Pro Touch but the recommendations in this thread make me want to.

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
After finding a Kai DE Blade would not fit in my Feather Popular recently I now find that a Kai Guard blade (Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG B-CAPTM1 - with Guard) will not fit in the Razorock Hawk, as I had a sample pack from Shavedash.com I tried the other blades and they all fitted OK but not the Kai with the Guard. It would not fit over both posts, I had another blade that I had been using in an Ikon El Jefe and this was the same so I don't think it was an issue with the one blade. What is it with me and Kai blades?

Anyone else found this, is it just my Hawk or is it just the Kai blade?

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
I emailed Italian Barber regarding the Kai Guard blade issue I encountered and got an almost instant response to let me know they will look into this issue further. I will post any updates I get. Have to say I am am very impressed with the response.

Last edited:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
After finding a Kai DE Blade would not fit in my Feather Popular recently I now find that a Kai Guard blade (Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG B-CAPTM1 - with Guard) will not fit in the Razorock Hawk, as I had a sample pack from Shavedash.com I tried the other blades and they all fitted OK but not the Kai with the Guard. It would not fit over both posts, I had another blade that I had been using in an Ikon El Jefe and this was the same so I don't think it was an issue with the one blade. What is it with me and Kai blades?

Anyone else found this, is it just my Hawk or is it just the Kai blade?
I'm fairly certain I've used a Kai guarded blade in my Hawk... IIRC I didn't find it as smooths as the the Feather Pro

Acer89

James
Interesting, I've just tried a Kai Protouch MG in my chrome Hawk and it doesn't align on the posts correctly. It fits perfectly in my other AC SE razors but not the Hawk.

I've also tried the Kai standard and Kai mild and they fit OK in all my AC's including the Hawk.

I wonder if there's a batch of MG's out there where the tolerances in the slot alignment are ever so slightly off? It seems odd because they load perfectly well in my King Cobra, ATT SE1, The General and El Jefe.:unsure:

Last edited:

StevieC

Forum GOD!
Point me to query if this has been posted prior: What is the difference between the Kai Captain Titan Mild PINK and the Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG?? Other than the MGs guard, is there a difference between the two regarding Mild vs Agressive?

halvor

a most elusive fish
Point me to query if this has been posted prior: What is the difference between the Kai Captain Titan Mild PINK and the Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG?? Other than the MGs guard, is there a difference between the two regarding Mild vs Agressive?
They sure shave differently. The guards have quite an effect, ensuring a smooth shave without effecting on efficiency.

Kai's information department has some improvement points - see photos from their website. Especially relative to Feather's very good overview, which I'm sure you have seen (bottom)

StevieC

Forum GOD!
They sure shave differently. The guards have quite an effect, ensuring a smooth shave without effecting on efficiency.

Kai's information department has some improvement points - see photos from their website. Especially relative to Feather's very good overview, which I'm sure you have seen (bottom)

Thank you sir! Helps me greatly! Explains the the Kai blades clearly! I have found The Quality Community Pro Shavers! Wait-gotta try this: TQCPS...may work!