Kai Captain vs Feather Pro

Marcos

Forum GOD!
If we exclude any guarded blades or the mild PINK blades from the conversation...what is everyone's opinion of the regular Kai Captain blades vs the Feather Professional blades in terms of sharpness, smoothness, and longevity?Thanks

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Not sure why you would exclude the Kai Pink - I think it's better than the Feather Pro in that it's a lot smoother right from the start. Just recently I've been made aware of the Schick 50mm blades and these also suit me better than Feather.

Marcos

Forum GOD!
I've never really found the Feather Pro to be harsh so I was looking at more of a direct comparison to its Kai counterpart. I have read mixed reviews on the PINK blade but since it uses a different process/coating than the regular Captain blade I was just trying to isolate variables.

Acer89

James
A Feather Pro lightly corked beats the Kai IMO.

Kai Pro Touch MG's are better than the Feather Guarded blades though.

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Sharp and smooth goes to the Feather Pro. But razors play a big variable. With regards to the ATT SE2 and Asylum. Kai blades are sharp but a little too crisp for me (ATT). However, put a Kai pink in an ATT SE2 and you have everything for a smooth, sharp and efficient shave. It doesn't work very well for me in the Asylum. Not really tested longevity. My Asylum dulls a Feather Pro quicker, than with the ATT SE2. However, again the ATT SE2 is a little to sharp with a Feather Pro.

Godfather

Forum GOD!
Yes, of course, you and Nishy have made the obvious point about the razor used. Like you, my experience is of Mongoose and Cobra razors where the Kai pink is far more forgiving than Feather.
I tend to use Kai pinks both in the captain and mt SE1

lastcoyote

Forum GOD!
I tend to use Kai pinks both in the captain and mt SE1
When you refer to Kai Pinks I'm guessing this is the Titan Mild and not the newer Titan Mild ProTouch MG, is that correct?

I was thinking of trying one or the other of these in my new ATT SE1. Should I get the Titan Mild 'Pinks' or the ProTouch MG's? Do guarded blades even fit properly in the ATT SE1?
I've got a box of each of the Feather range to keep me going but would like to try the Kai's too.

Acer89

James
When you refer to Kai Pinks I'm guessing this is the Titan Mild and not the newer Titan Mild ProTouch MG, is that correct?

I was thinking of trying one or the other of these in my new ATT SE1. Should I get the Titan Mild 'Pinks' or the ProTouch MG's? Do guarded blades even fit properly in the ATT SE1?
I've got a box of each of the Feather range to keep me going but would like to try the Kai's too.
Why don't you get yourself a sample selection from shave dash? My fav blade may not be yours and you need to find a blade which suits you.
See link below for sample AC blades:
http://shavedash.com/products/#!/Blades-Single-Edge-AC-Mongoose/c/11857296/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

Godfather

Forum GOD!

Sorry, not the proguards!!