1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January is...

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by p.b, Dec 31, 2016.

1. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Eliminate the backlog of samples month
    IMG_20161231_1220005.jpg
    Even loading heavily and getting three shaves per sample I think I'll only get through 60%, but it needs to be done.

PLANofMAN, Nishy, Wayne and 5 others like this.
  2. Burgundy

Burgundy Legendary Member

Let me know if you need a hand! :wink:

p.b and Dogsmro like this.
  3. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

The beginning of the end, self limiting myself to only 3 purchases each year (planned for this year 2 soaps and 1 brush). I don't believe anything can now give me a better shave, more than I can improve the current lineup through better technique.

PLANofMAN, Wayne, Rowlers and 2 others like this.
  4. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Want is not Need - Buddha*.

*Dave Buddha, Kwik Fit Fitter.

PLANofMAN and Nishy like this.
  5. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them"
    Henri Matisse
    :wink:

Redd likes this.
  6. Celar36

Celar36 Über Member

Month I try to get razor I waited long time. Tradere OC. I am giving up on Darwin after today when I lost yet another auction due sniper bid....

One of feature this razor have is side of blades are hidden with head and is profile for thumb to hold, which with my disable hand is a struggleto tight head and sometimes i got a cut.

As you can see from my post in BST I pulled up big guns from my stash to get it. I can't offer anything better

7. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Touche!

Nishy likes this.
  8. pjgh

pjgh Forum GOD!

... a fresh start. New job, secured by interview last Thursday, signed and sealed late Friday. Woo!

Godfather, Nishy, bandito and 6 others like this.
  9. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Congratulations Paul, I too have an interview for a new job, but not until Wednesday this week.

10. DevonStan

DevonStan Guru

Still within the same company though... surely?

11. pjgh

pjgh Forum GOD!

Cheers! Very best of luck ...

One thing I left the interview feeling really good about was my finishing line that I was excited about the prospect. All the interviewers wrote that down.

This was a good read: https://soulsearch.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/64interviewquestions1.pdf

Be professional, be positive, be enthusiastic.

Nishy, DamianJ and p.b like this.
  12. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Yes, similar job too, just earlier in the design cycle

Nishy likes this.
  13. Wayne

Wayne Bestest forum member.

Good luck.

Nishy and p.b like this.
  14. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Yes - that's an easy one to get right, but so easy to miss in the stress of an interview. To be honest I know both of the managers interviewing me and they both want me to have the job so it's my job to lose which I could do if I cock-up the interview. It's going to be a strange one: HR will be in England, I'm in Germany that day and the two managers, who are interviewing me are based in Germany but will be in Detroit that day!

Nishy likes this.
  15. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

samples.JPG

pretty pleased with myself. It's surprising what damage a 28mm badger or synthetic can inflict on a small sample.

Stupidly, I also bought 2x Castle Forbes samples (used), Mike's Natural Vetiver (used) and WSP Tobacco (not used yet). I have 3 new CRSW which I'll be using for the next 9 days and then an old CRSW for the following 3 days. After that I'll be back to completely eliminate the rest of the samples.

oh - and I got the job. Officially start 1 March, actually, started last night...

Nishy, halvor, Rowlers and 3 others like this.