I am currently reading ...

Randomangle

Über Bum
OK. It's not very reassuring.
Sounds like all this hype about Ulysses is some kind snobbery cult.
I think you are may be right, it is in the top ten most difficult books to read I believe. My opinion only of course, but if you want to read the book just read it straight off and not bother with preperation. If you give up so be it, I did and went straight to Wodehouse ... what a relief that was. Wonderful. :okay:

Francorelli

Forum fella
I recently had a Reacher binge, reading three books in a row. Reliably enjoyable for the most part, although the lacklustre 61 Hours was the first disappointment in the series.

I've now returned to one of my favourite authors, Robin Hobb. Currently on Book 2 of The Rain Wild Chronicles. Masterful writing as always.

Francorelli

Forum fella
I've enjoyed the Bosch series by Michael Connelly for several years, but only recently discovered his Mickey Haller series. Glad to discover it is just as compelling, and am now on the third book The Reversal.

As well as fiction, I've been dipping into this book from our favourite ex-Special Forces boys off the telly, as they discuss how their training and combat experience can be applied to everyday life and work situations.

Interesting reading for anyone who enjoyed the TV show, as we get to discover a little more about the authors' life experiences. Ollie in particular seems to have had plenty of life-threatening experiences as a civilian in addition to his time in the military.

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
Interesting reading for anyone who enjoyed the TV show, as we get to discover a little more about the authors' life experiences. Ollie in particular seems to have had plenty of life-threatening experiences as a civilian in addition to his time in the military.

I should read this kind of book. My martial art teacher always says I am too kind and too gentle...

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I've enjoyed the Bosch series by Michael Connelly for several years, but only recently discovered his Mickey Haller series. Glad to discover it is just as compelling, and am now on the third book The Reversal.

As well as fiction, I've been dipping into this book from our favourite ex-Special Forces boys off the telly, as they discuss how their training and combat experience can be applied to everyday life and work situations.

I've just downloaded the WDW wins book. My next read.

Petronius

Forum GOD!
Just finished "A Gentleman in Moscow" by Amor Towles and because I liked it I started "Rules of Civility" from the same writer.

Francorelli

Forum fella
Being laid up due to a hernia does at least allow plenty of reading time:
The ever-reliable Reacher (Personal) and Roy Grace (Looking Good Dead, and Not Dead Enough) series have provided my action/crime thriller fix.
Seeing as Ben Aaronovitch seems to have lost interest in his Peter Grant series, I've been seeking some more quality urban fantasy. I found it with these two:

And keeping up the non-fiction, another vivid insight into WW2 from Hastings: