1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from sunny Scotland

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Paul G, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Paul G

Paul G Regular Member

Hi all,

Wish I had found this group a couple of months ago prior to making the move into DE shaving.
    I have always had problems with shaving rashes and ingrown hair but just accepted it and continued using a mach3.
    Since changing over to DE shaving my skin feels great and I find it a pleasure to shave rather than a necessity.
    I rushed head first in with little research and quickly grew my collection rather than honing my technique. Since joining the forum I must say all the advice is great and wished I had came here sooner. Anyway I am here now and loving the experience of DE shaving and the community around it.
    This is my current selection of shaving products -
    Razors. Muhle R106 (my go to razor), Timor closed comb, Gillette D4 fatboy and E1 fatboy (which the adjuster is broke), Gillette super speed (no date code), L2 flare tip super speed, W4 black tip super speed.
    Blades. Persona.
    Brush. Muhle synthetic fibre Silverton and awaiting delivery of a Kent blk12.
    Cream. Executive shave co Natural and citrus kiss.
    Balm. Executive shave co citrus kiss, Scottish fine soaps thistle and black pepper.
    I have Stache soap works tagged, stud and Liam Cruz sets heading over from the states also.
    Anyway thanks to all that have contributed to the group and for the great advise that is there for new members.

2. Gordy

Gordy Legendary Member

Welcome to the forum Paul. We've all been there with the issues but glad you've found these new pastures.

Paul G likes this.
  3. Boru62

Boru62 Veteran

Hello and welcome to ATG @Paul G

Paul G likes this.
  4. I'm confused. "Sunny Scotland"? Are there more than one?
    Welcome to the forum. the 106 is a nice razor; all of Muhle's closed comb razors use the same head, apart from the new stainless steel offerings, but since you'll never lay your hands on one, it's irrelevant. Your kit is more than adequate for getting great shaves. Just be prepared to fall into the rabbit hole of the Acquisition Disorder which is part-and-parcel of these forums.

Paul G likes this.
  5. Lann

Lann Guru

Paul G likes this.
  6. Paul G

Paul G Regular Member

Thanks Steve, first shave today with the flare tip and what a great wee razor for being 60+ years old. It is easy to get carried away but that's part of the fun.

7. Fox

Fox The Soap Artisan

Hello and greetings from the southern end of the UK, I'm sure you will enjoy you time on the ATG forum. :)

Paul G likes this.
  8. Acer89

Acer89 James

Another welcome from the southern end. You'll love it here :welcome:

Fox and Paul G like this.
  9. Barry1963

Barry1963 Veteran

Hello and welcome to ATG.

Paul G likes this.
  10. Quique

Quique Forum GOD!

Welcome to ATG Paul

Paul G likes this.
  11. Floid_Maniac

Floid_Maniac Über Member

Welcome to the forum, Paul. :welcome:

Paul G likes this.
  12. Dj-Steved

Dj-Steved Brush Addict

Welcome to the forum

Steve

Paul G likes this.
  13. Paul G

Paul G Regular Member

My current shaving collection which is building bigger and bigger by the day!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  14. Conservator

Conservator Well-Known Member

Welcome to ATG.

Paul G likes this.
  15. halvor

halvor Forum GOD!

And welcome from further north :)

Paul G likes this.