Hair tonic / oil. A few suggestions please?

DevonStan

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked on their website and spotted the different varieties and the one you mention is probably the best for me too.

In the meantime I've been trying a couple of combinations of the stuff recently bought... see above.

It transpires that using conditioner after shamooing makes quite a difference to the feel of the hair plus a very small dab of the Dax mixed with a pea sized blob of the Ingrams plus a tiny squirt of the Dabur Vatika alll mixed on the fingertips and rubbed in (with a little water if it's started to dry after the shower) does the job of holding it in place and making easier to get into shape and then stay reasonably in place. I use a Denman hairbrush as well as rubbing the stuff in and often just finish by a quick rub with the towel before finally brushing it into the the usual style (style isn't the right word to use - but you know what I mean :) )

I also bought some more Argan oil and will probably have a fiddle and incorporate a tiny drop of that into the mix too. And we mustn't forget the coconut oil either... I do like a drop of that too.

Regulars here know I do like to mix my chemicals up a bit.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I've been using a mix of vatika black seed and coconut oil before showering, it's OK, leaves hair more manageable for sure, but not entirely convinced that it's better than cheaper oils such as almond. The old stuff used to be more viscous.

DevonStan

Forum GOD!
Ah, didn't know there was an old and a new incarnation of Vatika. And, strangely enough, I've been sticking some gear on me bonce, like yourself, BEFORE showering too. My thinking was that some of it will/might remain and be present thereafter. But part of me also thought... I'm applying it, then washing it straight off....surely I'm wasting most it? But interested to hear these thoughts and observations.

What is certain is that a little drop of one thing or another has definitely made a difference to keeping it presentable.

If only those bloody film directors would stop pestering me to take the starring lead in this or that box office film.... it's so annoying.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Listen Stan, we all know you are Di Caprio's double, those years of facial massages and scrubs have bode well. I on the other hand look more like a malfunctioning short circuit, or Johnny 5 as he prefers.

I like to leave the oil on for 30mins then wash it off. My hair is definitely less curly, because I'm worth it, I like to use it 3 times a week. Haven't had any calls back from Spielberg as of yet.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
All rcvd. (I have his mobile number if you'd like it .. he and I go back a long way you understand).
At the moment I can't afford the call, not even a lovely Denman brush, I'm waiting for the polished OC you see to neatly maintain my side parting.

DevonStan

Forum GOD!
Yes, I understand, mate. I think the expression is.... "I feel your pain". Which is utter tosh as I simply can't feel any of your discomfort, much the same as you can't feel my bad back, which I've had for two weeks now.

We do talk some nonsense here at times. Maybe it's a man thing?

DevonStan

Forum GOD!
Never seen that before. Not a lot to say except I suppose I'd try it if it were offered.... which it wasn't when I visited the local chiropractor
not long ago. I gave it a shot and paid the fellow... and that was it really - no improvement at all. But my money will have helped him out with his mortgage/food bill etc, so it's not all bad.

It's back to the NHS physio next week... should I offer to contribute to her mortgage too?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Never seen that before. Not a lot to say except I suppose I'd try it if it were offered.... which it wasn't when I visited the local chiropractor
not long ago. I gave it a shot and paid the fellow... and that was it really - no improvement at all. But my money will have helped him out with his mortgage/food bill etc, so it's not all bad.

It's back to the NHS physio next week... should I offer to contribute to her mortgage too?
Hmm, possibly not, hopefully you see someone reliable enough to help the situation it must be very painful.

DevonStan

Forum GOD!
It has been but last night it started to ease and that has continued today... so we're nearly out of the woods (as they strangely seem to say)