1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pass Around Guest appearance: UK Bunny V3 pass around detour

Discussion in 'Lending Pool' started by sɐǝɹpu∀, Sep 2, 2016.

1. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

The Bunny V3 pass around on TSR will be briefly diverted here, as @UKRob is next on the list. Feedback can be left in this thread, so @twhite can see how much everyone loves the Bunny.
    • Lots of people on TSR
    • UKRob (ATG forum detour)
    • barber bear (on TSR)
    • More people on TSR
    The list is open.
    Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

Nishy, Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Speling Bea Champyun

Right on. I love getting the feedback from everybody.

Billyfergie and sɐǝɹpu∀ like this.
  3. Billyfergie

Billyfergie Veteran

Hey Tom..You Must have Had More Feedback on the Bunny than the Nuremburg Trials..:wacky:

Billy

Grarea likes this.
  4. twhite

twhite Speling Bea Champyun

LMAO. At least positive feedback. Nobody is getting hung to my knowledge. :giggle:

Mrchick and Robyflexx like this.
  5. Mrchick

Mrchick Handsome Avatar

I was ordered to shave with it...

Darkbulb, Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  6. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

The Bunny is now with Rob.
    • Lots of people on TSR
    • UKRob (ATG forum detour)
    • barber bear (on TSR)
    • More people on TSR
    The list is open.
    Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

twhite likes this.
  7. Thanks to @p.b. for sending this to me in a very nice condition and freshly loaded blade - I used the razor just now.

Firstly, a confession that I'm not an experienced injector user having only used a Schick a couple of times, although I own both a Cobra and Mongoose plus lots of other SE razors. I like the look of Tom's Bunny 3 and it suits me that it's heavier than a Schick. I changed the head to 'Notso' and realised from looking at the design that the handle needs to be almost at 90 degrees to the face. Despite this, I found the correct angle very difficult to find and not at all intuitive. The first pass WTG was only satisfactory - and even then with lots of going over the same areas. Generally I only ever need two passes but it was clear when I started the second pass that I was not going to end up with a decent shave so half way through I decided to switch to the nearest razor at hand - a Cobra. I had to re-lather and finish off with that.

I'll try the more aggressive head next time and report again - this time I'll try and ensure that the angle is better as I'm sure that's what my issue was today.

PLANofMAN, Nishy, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  8. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

I find it easiest to 'ride the spring' (keep the copper bit in contact with the face).. here's the angle I use:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    PLANofMAN and twhite like this.
  9. The other thing that occurred to me, that is also demonstrated in your diagram, is that I may need to change the way I hold the razor. Being used to razors with an angled head I always adopt a grip where my thumb is underneath the handle and my index finger is on the upper part. I then change positions when going ATG and XTG but it's always based on an angled head.

Because the Bunny is a straight line razor, maybe I need to let the head find its own angle - and hold the sides of the razor. I'm convinced it's my problem rather than the razor at the moment.

PLANofMAN and Billyfergie like this.
  10. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

People hold the Bunny in different ways.
    Here's a link to a post showing how Tom holds it.
    Personally I put my index finger on the copper plate, so that the tip of the finger is opposite the screw that holds the comb in place. When going ATG I pretty much put the tip of my index finger on the screw.
    I'm afraid the finger position in the 'diagram' is how I hold the Bunny in my left hand while taking a picture of it with a camera in my right hand. The diagram is a photo with a tiny bit of post-processing :D:D

twhite likes this.
  11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie Veteran

[​IMG]
    The Angle of the Bunny..:p:

Billy

twhite likes this.
  12. Second shave with the Bunny today - or to be more accurate second part shave. Once again I struggled to remove whiskers at the first attempt and had to continually go over the same areas. It's obviously a user problem - I checked that everything was aligned and there was every indication that the razor was set up as intended. Anyway, I was not enjoying the experience so changed to a Mongoose mid-way through the first pass.

All I can say is that the razor is not for me but it was interesting trying it out. Thanks to Tom for providing the opportunity and @Andreas for managing the pass-around. I'll now post it on to the next in line.

13. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

The guest appearance of the Bunny has come to an end. The pass around will continue on TSR.

Nishy likes this.