Global Shopping for SE blades

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have recently come across a site ( Rakuten ) Japan based , which appears to sell SE blades at good prices. To use the site one has to be registered. Has anyone used this site to purchase anything, and is it worthwhile becoming a member to get cheap blades, or are shipping costs prohibitive.

halvor

a most elusive fish
I have recently come across a site ( Rakuten ) Japan based , which appears to sell SE blades at good prices. To use the site one has to be registered. Has anyone used this site to purchase anything, and is it worthwhile becoming a member to get cheap blades, or are shipping costs prohibitive.
The latter. I just checked two days ago in order to get myself those new Feather blades (Soft guard?) which Connaught are not allowed to ship abroad. Nice price for the product, and then add 40 dollars on top for DHL shipping. or something of the sort. Suffice to say, I opted out.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
The latter. I just checked two days ago in order to get myself those new Feather blades (Soft guard?) which Connaught are not allowed to ship abroad. Nice price for the product, and then add 40 dollars on top for DHL shipping. or something of the sort. Suffice to say, I opted out.
Hi,
Thanks for that, prices seem cheap but sounds as though shipping costs are prohibitive.:cursing::(

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
Likewise.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Get someone to buy them and ship to you..?

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Agreed we should all as a community do more of this to save on customs charges
It would be nice, but looking at it objectively, it's very much a one way relationship (for US to UK) though in that it would only be our US members that would be going out of their way to help our UK members. I'm yet to find something I desperately want from the US, but if I ever do, I might reach out to someone to see if they wouldn't mind helping. That being said, I certainly wouldn't expect them to say yes. I'm not sure what I could offer a US member in return however... Apart from my adoration of course :notworthy:

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
This isn't about AC-type blades, but I have a contact in Japan (who also sells AC blades in small or large quantities, but not, I think, these Soft Guards) who is trying to see whether he can source the Japanese Schick single and double injector blades for vintage Schick and PAL razors, and the Supply Provision Single Edge. Depending on how things work out, I might ask him about other blades; for example, the Schick P-20 Proline AC-type blade.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
This isn't about AC-type blades, but I have a contact in Japan (who also sells AC blades in small or large quantities, but not, I think, these Soft Guards) who is trying to see whether he can source the Japanese Schick single and double injector blades for vintage Schick and PAL razors, and the Supply Provision Single Edge. Depending on how things work out, I might ask him about other blades; for example, the Schick P-20 Proline AC-type blade.
There is also a Pro Line B-20 which is 38mm, and could be cross loaded into Vintage Injectors !! Might be worthy of investigation.

Arun

Forum GOD!
There are sellers on eBay selling blades directly from Japan. I bought a box of Feather Pro (200 blades) for USD 80 a few months ago. Have a look there.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Join Rakuten, very easy.
Make an Order and specify Small Packet Post, which reduces costs to a reasonable amount. I am currently awaiting delivery of an order, will then be able to confirm how long it takes.

PS They were posted 8th June via Japan Post, stopped by Customs as value over £15.
Collected today from Post Office and paid Ransom :scratchhead:
12 Days ,So excellent service.

Last edited: