1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geo. F. Trumper's Soap

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Gordy, Aug 9, 2016.

?

Given your experience would you buy Trumpers hard soaps again:

1. Yes

6.7%
  2. No

93.3%
  1. Fox

Fox The Soap Artisan

I was very disappointed with their hard soaps, I think it's because they have years of history and their other products are good that I expected their hard soap to be. If I had to score it out of 10 I would give it a 2 and I am being generous because it smells nice and it makes for a slightly better but still poor toilet soap.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Nishy and Billyfergie like this.
  2. Fox

Fox The Soap Artisan

No Soapworks make all their hard soaps. http://www.soapworksltd.co.uk/our-clients

Billyfergie likes this.
  3. Gairdner

Gairdner Veteran

I have some of the older stock coconut soap and it's very good. I get on with it better than the 'Fat' but it's not as good as my vintage Culmak or Wickham SS. Roughly on a par performance wise with Palmolive stick but smells way better. I paid three pounds per cake and still have around six left so I suppose I need to start using it up. Given the poor reports of how the current stuff performs, I will NOT be purchasing any more but their creams are really rather wonderful. The violet is to die for....:love:

Billyfergie likes this.
  4. Gordy

Gordy Über Member

5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie Veteran

Nishy likes this.
  6. chris.hale

chris.hale Senior Member

7. Redd

Redd A Right Member

The 5 star comment that was top of the page I was looking at, highly praised its 'Foam'. Kinda says it all really.

8. Laage

Laage Active Member

Does anyone know when the reformulation happened?
    I have some of their Rose soap, which I probably bought five or so years ago and I thought it was excellent. The next time I visited the same shop - say about three years ago - I bought a wooden bowl of their Limes soap and was thoroughly disappointed in the performance.

9. flip-68

flip-68 Über Member

i was given 2 pucks of soap (coconut and rose) when i started DE wet shaving back in 2012 (by Norfolk Dick if i remember correctly - thank you again) I think he gave me the opportunity to try the soaps for myself as he had come to the conclusion they were poor. i agreed with him and passed them on in a PIF. I have since acquired 2 pucks of eucris which i "bought" very cheap on another forum as they came free with an Old Spice mug. so far they have been ok but i would never buy a puck of trumpers and i wouldn't recommend anyone else do so either.

Bizzyberry likes this.
  10. Bizzyberry

Bizzyberry Über Member

I read this thread too late, I picked up a puck of this soap a while ago but only just got round to trying it today, what a disappointment, to make matters worse the Almond scent is not even there, so the soap will just be an overpriced hand/shower soap now.