Pass Around General Black Head

1morepasswill

Forum GOD!
General arrived today or rather I turned up at my RM depot because it was posted on Saturday and by Thursday morning it still had not arrived. Sure enough it along with a BST item posted 1st class recorded on Monday was there at the depot. It seems like my local depot decide on a whim whether or not they will bother to deliver anything other than junk mail. I routinely turn up at my depot when something is overdue for arrival and for some reason it is sitting at the depot. This all stems from last year when the post was so erratic I decided to opt for the call and collect for mail. I cancelled this more than 6 months ago and they don't seem to know what to do with my mail. I know RM are an easy target but my God the incompetence of my local depot!

Last edited:

1morepasswill

Forum GOD!
Apologies for the late posting. I used the General on Friday morning with a Jurgen Hempel Wave stainless handle. I found it similar to the Mongoose in shave but possibly slightly less efficient. I don't buy into this "mild" reputation it has garnered, much like I don't agree with the Edwin Jagger DE89 being described as "mild" either. Sure both the General and the DE89 aren't as "aggressive" as the Cobra Classic or the Muhle R41 respectively , I'd just say it was an efficient shaver that isn't any more or less difficult to cut yourself with. I love, just like the Goose and Cobra ; how much ground the General covers and it was smooth and efficient for me. I thought initially that the fairly insignificant blade nubs weren't perhaps the best design to hold the blade in place but they worked fine and were a pleasant surprise.
The only thing I'd say it lacks in is what the aforementioned se razors have , heft. That heft does most of the work with them but with the General being much lighter , albeit with a heavy stainless handle as opposed to the lighter Aluminium original a bit more direction or work is required. Of course this is knit picking for the purposes of comparison.
I enjoyed my first go and 2 passes were plenty for a near bbs shave. Those trouble spots for me like my jawline and either side of my Adams Apple were left slightly less closely shaven than I'm used to with the Cobra. However this isn't a bad thing as I can shave again sooner than I was planning.

Before I'm finished with her I will try a shorter and slightly lighter Windrose Aristocrat style handle and finally the Mongoose Dr Bomber Slim handle.
It's a nice shaver and it's slim head is very easy to manoeuvre around the fizog
2017-04-28_10.18.31.jpg

1morepasswill

Forum GOD!
2nd go with the General tonight with the shorter handle. Arguably a better fit than the Hempel wave used on Friday. Everything was on point tonight, B&M Ferox never disappoints and the Maseto gave the best performance to date ( not that previous uses were bad either) and the General was a joy to use. Very smooth and closer than the first outing.

1morepasswill

Forum GOD!
I used the General with the Mongoose Dub Slim handle on Thursday night. BBS was had but if you have seen my SOTD post you'll know it was a pretty rotten shave. This was not attributed to the general as it has never shaved like that before but Sapone Di Paolo on the other hand has now given me 2 or 3 shaves like the one I had on Thursday. It was tuggy and dry feelong with little slickness and volume in the lather.
IMG_20170505_000143_745.jpg