1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitjar soaps and creams available again

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by halvor, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. chris.hale

chris.hale Über Member

Five days for me, including the weekend.

2. Chico Winterton

Chico Winterton Partisan

Cheers Chris.

3. FitjarIslands

FitjarIslands Regular Member Artisan

Hi. Jorunn here, of Fitjar Islands. I am happy to see our products being mentioned, and I just thought I would pop in and say hello, and to make myself available in case any of you have questions about our fragrances and products, I hope that is allowed according to your forum rules. I am not here to make sales pitches or advertising.

4. Chico Winterton

Chico Winterton Partisan

Jorunn, great to see you on here. There is no better source of info than the maker.

FitjarIslands likes this.
  5. halvor

halvor Royal Member

Glad to see you here, Jorunn. Velkommen!

Chico Winterton likes this.
  6. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

How would you describe your scents and which is your favorite?

7. Steve Bowles

Steve Bowles Senior Member

The consensus seems to be your products are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

halvor and FitjarIslands like this.
  8. FitjarIslands

Hello Nishy! Our fragrances, how to describe them? Up to now, I have only been using only essential oils to compose them, so they can be described as "natural", and quite light. They do not have the longevity and sillage like perfumes have, and they were designed to create a light, uplifting fragrance aspect of the shaving products, not primarily as stand alone colognes, if you understand what I mean.
    Secnt is very personal and I often find it hard to sya which ine is my favourite, because usually whichever fragrance I am working with at the moment is my favourite! :happy: However if I HAD to pick one out of the four fragrances that we chose to keep, Slåtterøy a hot contender for the favourite. I just love that particular combination of citrus and spices.

Matsilainen, bandito, lloydrm and 2 others like this.
  9. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

Thank you for your insight. Apologies for the 'Mr' reference.

10. Steve Bowles

Even I knew she was a Nordic blonde!

FitjarIslands and Nishy like this.
  11. chris.hale

chris.hale Über Member

Fourth shave with the fjellheim and I'm continuing to love it, this is top notch stuff!

12. FitjarIslands

*ahem* thank you for the complement Steve, but my hair is actually naturally silver grey, not blonde. And this confusion is very understandable. It is pretty weird for a woman to be a manufacturer of shaving products. And I am used to the fact that international business contacts think that I am a man, at least when communicating by email, as my name is an obscure old Norse name (a pagan viking name meaning "Loved by wild boars" or something like that). Thankfully, none have taken me for a man when meeting me in person. Not yet, anyway.

Actually, you have now given me a great idea for a topic of a newsletter!!! Thank you. See? I knew it was a good idea to join this forum.

13. Steve Bowles

I'm not sure being "loved by wild boars" was something any Viking intentionally pursued. Naturally silver grey works for me.

halvor and FitjarIslands like this.
  14. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

We are just very happy to have you here Jorrun. Would you consider perhaps in the future making a soap for our forum?

Chico Winterton and Blackmass like this.
  15. Steve Bowles

@Nishy has always admired the wild boar scent.

halvor, chris.hale and Nishy like this.