1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitjar soaps and creams available again

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by halvor, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. halvor

halvor Forum GOD!

[Warning: Unashamed patriotic marketing on my part. But the products are superb, regardless of nationality.]

Have a look at fitjarislands.com, good folks. Fitjar closed shop a few years ago due to issues with EU compliance. Up again now! Creams and soaps, AS moisturiser, cooling gel...

Fjellheim: spruce, juniper and an undertone of woody notes, like a stack of freshly cut timber logs among juniper bushes.

Folgefonn: bright menthol, a splash of eucalyptus and sweet Nordic spruce

Slåtterøy: Their bay rum variant. cheerful citrus and woody spices

Havn: gentle herbal blend of smooth cedar and blooming heather

fitjar.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Blackmass and Nishy like this.
  2. chris.hale

chris.hale Legendary Member

I really fancy the Fjellheim soap in a tub but it's not available yet.

Nishy likes this.
  3. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Same here, considering the wooden bowl and cream costs about £50 minus delivery. They only have the sample size currently.

4. halvor

halvor Forum GOD!

The cream (which is available) is what I sent you, Nishy. Its consistency allows loading straight from the tub. Though it's nowhere near the hardness of a soap, it's also nowhere near the sticky texture of for instance NSS.

Nishy likes this.
  5. Nishy

That cream was a game changer for me Halvor, thanks for clearing up my confusion off to buy the cream now.
    Edit: ordered the soap refill, absolutely loved the scent of the cream, would it be safe to assume it's the same scent as the soap?

6. chris.hale

chris.hale Legendary Member

Wooden bowls look lovely, but I prefer the practicality of a nice sturdy plastic tub. I've given them my email address and asked to be notified when it's available.

Nishy likes this.
  7. Nishy

I couldn't wait went for the refill and will pick up a tub from the local £1 store.

8. lloydrm

lloydrm Veteran

How come the refill is more than the tub?

9. halvor

halvor Forum GOD!

Seems the cheaper is without VAT, the other not. Might be that they export exclusive of VAT (but forgot to fix the price on the refill). On the NO language site, the tub is 269.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  10. Nishy

Are we talking soap and cream here?

11. MPH

MPH Guru

Lovely stuff!!! :)

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

Got their newsletter as well this morning and am really happy to see them up and running again - their stuff is topnotch.

Holyzeus likes this.
  13. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Legendary Member

I got the email too, however i have quite a few of theirs to keep me going.
    Good news though

14. Dipesh

Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

I love their stuff. Need to get the ought the stash before I order though. Could be in 20 years time?!

Reevers, halvor and Nico1970 like this.
  15. Nico1970

Nico1970 Forum GOD! Staff Member

@halvor or anyone else - do you know how it compares with Esbjerg shaving cream? Which I rate very highly...