1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feather cart razors

Discussion in 'Cartridge Safety Razors (CR)' started by p.b, May 19, 2017.

1. p.b

p.b Veteran

It looks like I'm going to be travelling with just a carry-on a fair amount over the next year. For infrequent carry-on I use a Bic Metal but I want something more substantial if it's going to be used every week. Does anyone have experience of the Feather F2 or MR3 Neo razors? They have peeked my interest. cheers.

2. halvor

halvor Royal Member

I've tried both on the MR3 handle, with preference for the FII two-blade carts. With both I am bugged by the green moisturising e-vitamin whatever stripe, it's a hindrance more than gooddoer, but it shaves fine apart from that. Whether it beats the old Sensor Excel (which was also two or three blades carts, right?), I can't say as it's too long since I used it. The build and feel of the Gillette trumps that of he Feather in my book, that I remember, in large part perhaps due to the curve following mechanism of the Feather - which I locked. A matter of habit, perhaps, having a sense of control with one's hand rather than letting the razor do the job. Can't remember clogging to any large extent.

3. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Über Member

Tried both carts and the blades don't come off as smooth to me or long lasting as good as other high end carts. If you need a cart with sharp blades and lasts long and wont put a hole in your pocket, then i'd suggest even as a daily shaver i'd swing the way of Dorco 4 or 6. Doroco have a £1.95 offer on the pace 6 which I use on a rotation with my DE and SE's
    https://www.razorsbydorco.co.uk/pac...ranSiteID=hL3Qp0zRBOc-AqC2ialQLbX9xJfX2DDUWA#

4. Dipesh

Dipesh Veteran Staff Member

I've read a fair bit but never took the plung.

Gillette stuff however is very good so I've never bothered taking the plunge. Fusion and Mach 3 are very good imo.

Mr Bigmem likes this.
  5. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Über Member

+1 if they money is not an issue then fusion is the way to go,

6. vtmax

vtmax Well-Known Member

I have traveled quite a bit for work with the MR3 Neo. Blades were too sharp for me a bit like the Feather DE's. The shave is not as smooth as the Gillette's. I carried on a Mach 3 Turbo with plenty of blades home to Ireland earlier this month with great results. With proper prep, not junk canned foam, modern carts are great for travel (or home.)

Len likes this.
  7. Len

Len Über Member

The MR3 Neo is a good cart, sharp blades as you would expect from a Feather, but IMO, the Mach 3 and Schick Quattro are both smoother and more comfortable, whilst shaving just as close as the Neo. None shave as close as a safety razor, but for travel I use the Mach 3 or Quattro, giving a slight preference to the Quattro. The Fusion head is out for me, way to bulky, and doesn't shave as close as the other carts mentioned.

8. p.b

p.b Veteran

Thanks gents. The comment that the build of a Gillette is better has swayed it for me. Ordered an Sensor excel with just the two blades. The bulk of a 3+ cartridge was always the thing I hated so went for a slimmer head.

Mr Bigmem and halvor like this.
  9. halvor

halvor Royal Member

Good man!

10. I liked the Feather MR3 over Gillette Mach 3. My razor of choice before DE razors. The head pivot mechanism can be set to "move freely or locked" (nice option). Nice sharp blades.

The other positive is shave den friendly - no one makes nice handles for the Feather like the Gillette blades. Potential savings.

p.b likes this.