Completed Fatboy to pass around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
Hiya,

Looks like there's no Fatboy for test driving and maybe I can fix that. My back up one's in good shape and happens to shave great. I believe not all Fatboys perform the same for whatever the reasons and my favorite date is E4, which is what this one is.

If someone cares to run the list thread I will send it to him first. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves and oh yeah, I do not expect to ever see this razor again. You guys keep it over your way forever.

So lemme know what's up,

Martin

Also, not to enable anyone but this particular head design is unlike almost every other razor I have ever tried, sharing the more rounded profile with only the adjustable Executive and Toggle. One of the few razors that tames a Feather blade for me.....classic mild razor setting with a real sharp blade combo. One more thing to mention is the Fatboy shaves differently than the Slim or Super. Hah, you should try those too!!

Start off on #3-4 setting, which is just below a similar Superspeed or Tech fixed head in my personal Gillette scale. Give the razor some time getting to know you. Use a few different blades. Adjust the setting with the doors open.

Almost all Gillette adjustables will need an extra 1/4 turn to lock the head down....you'll feel it after a small bit of initial resistance. Floppy sharp blades are not good.

Something y'all at least need to sample.

Last edited:

MrK1

Forum GOD!
What a great gesture, but you forgot to mention how it will be cleaned with your own special spit polish.

That will get them queuing up for sure.

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
What a great gesture, but you forgot to mention how it will be cleaned with your own special spit polish.
Hey buddy, thanks for the reminder. Yes, this beauty will get the royal spiffing up treatment, using my own personal spit and a fairly clean bathroom towel. Also, all easily gotten to whiskers will be removed. Same treatment as the razors I sell get before mailing em off.

Good typing at you,

Martin

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Hiya,

Looks like there's no Fatboy for test driving and maybe I can fix that. My back up one's in good shape and happens to shave great. I believe not all Fatboys perform the same for whatever the reasons and my favorite date is E4, which is what this one is.

If someone cares to run the list thread I will send it to him first. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves and oh yeah, I do not expect to ever see this razor again. You guys keep it over your way forever.

So lemme know what's up,

Martin

Also, not to enable anyone but this particular head design is unlike almost every other razor I have ever tried, sharing the more rounded profile with only the adjustable Executive and Toggle. One of the few razors that tames a Feather blade for me.....classic mild razor setting with a real sharp blade combo. One more thing to mention is the Fatboy shaves differently than the Slim or Super. Hah, you should try those too!!

Something y'all at least need to sample.
I don't mind running it Martin, need a few names on the list first though..
Thanks for offering it, marvelous gesture...

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
I don't mind running it Martin, need a few names on the list first though..
Thanks for offering it, marvelous gesture...
.. or I could extend the TSR pass around of your other Fatboy to this forum as well...
Not a bad idea Andreas, but I think each forum should have their own toys......heh.

Ok Lee, thanks for volunteering to keep track of things as far as who's next on the soon to be list. Of course the razor will be sent your way first unless you wanna skip it, in which case it'll be mailed to the first named member.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Not a bad idea Andreas, but I think each forum should have their own toys......heh.

Ok Lee, thanks for volunteering to keep track of things as far as who's next on the soon to be list. Of course the razor will be sent your way first unless you wanna skip it, in which case it'll be mailed to the first named member.
Fair enough, Martin. Let's see if this Fatboy will still be going in 6 1/2 years :D

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
No one want to try this!? One of the most iconic of DE razors? Lets get this going, it was Martin's pass around Fatboy, that got me hooked in it..
This is a must try... so get your names down!

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
No one want to try this!? One of the most iconic of DE razors?
Hiya doin Lee,

Y'know, I don't get it either.....the non signing up part. Hard to believe all the disinterest in a razor that could be life changing.......

Ok, I didn't wanna mention this but I do know how much you Foreigners lust after the whole provenance thing and the chances are good that the razor's original owner may have been a famous US chef. Reason I held back is one particular member (something chin) collects all shaving items owned by this celebrity and I didn't wanna taunt him, this time anyway. Oh, the famous chef I am talking about is of course Julia Child.

To you extremely polite and reticent members let me just say in the words of W.C. Fields "Don't be a luddy-duddy. Don't be a moon calf. Don't be a jabbernowl. You're not those, are you?"

Martin

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Definitely one worth trying roll up! Very nice offer Martin, even the semi-clean towel got a mention :)

mbarno

Forum GOD!
No one want to try this!? One of the most iconic of DE razors? Lets get this going, it was Martin's pass around Fatboy, that got me hooked in it..
Martin - A great and generous offer.
Rowlers- I’d love to try it!
I’ve been on TSR for a little while, but I am new/unknown member on this forum. Because of this, I’d be quite happy to send you a deposit via PayPal to get a chance to try it!
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.