1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erasmaic shave stick

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by R181, Dec 29, 2016.

1. R181

R181 Legendary Member

Found an Erasmic shave stick locally today so naturally I bought it to try out. It appears to be the new version being 75g not 50g. The scent is mild and pleasant. I did a test face lather which seems to indicate it creates a nice rich slick lather. Will add further comments after tomorrow mornings shave. Yes, it has tallow in the ingredients list.

Bob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. Bigboar

Bigboar Senior Member

Bob, I'm happy to post you erasmic and palmolive sticks at a couple of bucks a time.

Best

Greg.

R181 likes this.
  3. R181

R181 Legendary Member

Thanks for the kind offer. I think I am set for Palmolive shave sticks. Had a dozen sent over from across the pond. The jury is out on the Erasmic till the mornings shave.

Bob

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. R181

R181 Legendary Member

Well, I have used the shave stick some more and although it will work there are better shave sticks out there like Plamolive. I'd give the Erasmic shave stick a pass.

Bob

Robyflexx and Redd like this.
  5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Forum GOD!

The Amazon reviews on it also indicate it's not the best.

6. R181

R181 Legendary Member

I'd tend to believe them then.

Bob

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Forum GOD!

Thanks so much for posting. I thought of buying it on many occasions to add to my shave stick collection as there really isn't an abundance to choose from and I was kinda hoping some of those reviewers just didn't know how to face lather properly. Now I know it just sucks. :D

R181 likes this.
  8. R181

R181 Legendary Member

Unfortunately you can't always go by reviews, most of the time you can though. I had heard nothing but bad comments on different forums about Musgo Real puck shave soap, dark green box and the puck was green, when it was introduced but tried it anyway. Surprise, it worked well for me.

I really enjoy shave sticks from Arko, Palmolive, Speick, LEA, Vergulde Hand and Tabac.

Bob

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Forum GOD!

So do I Bob. Have you tried La Toja? Outstanding stuff! :highfive:

R181 likes this.
  10. R181

R181 Legendary Member

Yes, I do like it just forgot that it was in my soap stash. I think that I will stick with Arko, Palmolive and Tabac as mainstays though.

Bob

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. SeanC

SeanC Guru

I acquired a vintage Erasmic stick dating back to the early 1970's. Unfortunately even if we rewind the clock, this is not an endearing product. The lather consistently collapsed so in the end it got binned.

I'd rate the blue Wilkinson stick as top of the tree based on my own personal experiences

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Robyflexx likes this.
  12. R181

R181 Legendary Member

That is the reverse with Williams shave soap. The vintage Williams lathers like a champ the current stuff performs similar to the Erasmic shave stick.

Bob

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. R181

R181 Legendary Member

At least I found a use for the Erasmic shave stick, makes a decent hair wash soap for me.

Bob

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Forum GOD!

Way to repurpose Bob! :highfive:

R181 likes this.
  15. R181

R181 Legendary Member

Well, it's not asking too much of it as there isn't a lot of hair let for it to wash. :D

Bob

Robyflexx likes this.